cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

My remodel

TheBreu
Explorer
Explorer
This is our first camper, bought last April and used the bejeesus out of it and love it. We are not new to camping by any means, did all tent camping up until now including 2 weeks out in Glacier, Yellowstone, Tetons etc. Posting for others as inspiration for a complete remodel. Plans are to paint all cabinets and woodwork, new vinyl flooring, new carpet, new upholstery and adding a rotating TV wall like in the new campers. When looking for our camper we had a wish list: slide, bunk house, good foundation to start with and we must be able to pay cash. Even though there are 2 of us currently, we wanted a larger camper to hopefully someday have kids and grow into it. We settled on a 33' Fleetwood Mallard, sleeps 9 (ish, because of the small dinette and one smaller rear bunk). We have had as many as 6 in there comfortably for a couple weekends.

Living in S.E. Michigan doesn't allow you to work on it throughout the winter so we took advantage of one of the first nicer day of the year to pull it out of storage and strip the wall paper boarder and start taping off for paint.

The day we looked at it

Rustic reclaimed oak vinyl plank flooring

Sample of the new upholstery. Bottom is a "Greige" (grayish-beige)
top is the floral that has yellows, oranges, grays and white.

Looks cleaner without the boarder already!

Smaller rectangle is the TV size, Larger is the "frame" around the TV that will be trimmed out after the hole is put in the wall
2000 F350
2000 Fleetwood Mallard
64 REPLIES 64

icanon
Explorer
Explorer
Are you removing the wallpaper on the walls if so will you replace with new or paint? If painting could you tell us how and what you did? Thanks a million.
Loving wife and 2 beautiful daughters.
Chocolate Lab, Lily
2014 Dodge Ram Laramie Hemi 5.7 with 3.92
2014 Dutchmen Kodiak 290BHSL
ProPride 3P Hitch
Progressive Industries EMS-PT30C
Love my Weber Q1200
Me a Happy man on retirement!!!

lots2seeinmyrv
Explorer
Explorer
Like the planned update choices. Please post "after" pictures. Will look great when finished.

Anmacc2
Explorer
Explorer
I'm looking forward to your posts and progress. It has a good floor plan and will be really nice when you're done. The first TT my wife and I bought was an older model. My parents (now deceased) reaphulstered all the cushions and made all new curtains. Pop did all the cutting and pinning and Mom did all the sewing. DW and I painted and caulked the outside and then scrubbed and polyurethaned the interior. New Linoleum on the floor and we were ready to go. We kept that unit for 15 years and had a blast with it! Windows started breaking, cabinet doors were opening and screws were popping out and we realized that it was bending and twisting too much as we were going down the road. We retired it to a group of guys who put it up on blocks and used it as a hunting cabin.
Me & Her since 1977
TV 2014 Ford E350 Superduty
TT 2015 keystone Passport Elite 23RB
Boat 20' TriumphDC

gregrc75
Explorer
Explorer
Please post lots of photos along the way!
Greg and J
Ben - Yellow Lab. Charley - Red Lab
2018 Keystone Bullet Premier 30RIPR
2016 Nissan Titan XD SL 5.0

nineoaks2004
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like you are about to "make it yours" Going to look good from the pics.
By the time you learn the rules of life
You're to old to play the game