cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Opinions wanted on tire monitors

icanon
Explorer
Explorer
Considering on buying these Tire pressure valve stem monitor. Anyone here used them?
What are your opinion? Gaget yes or no?
Loving wife and 2 beautiful daughters.
Chocolate Lab, Lily
2014 Dodge Ram Laramie Hemi 5.7 with 3.92
2014 Dutchmen Kodiak 290BHSL
ProPride 3P Hitch
Progressive Industries EMS-PT30C
Love my Weber Q1200
Me a Happy man on retirement!!!
43 REPLIES 43

Vt_Rv
Explorer
Explorer
I just purchased and installed an EEZTire system. I must say it was a simple task to set up and install.

I went on right out on a 6 1/2 hour trip and it was a nice peace of mind being able to see what was going on with the tire pressure and temperature.

I've put on about 700 miles without any trouble.

I really like the display and how easy it is to read without having to put on my reading glasses. The self dimming feature is also nice.
2003 Damon Challenger 348
2011 Ford F350 Diesel
2005 Harley Davidson Electra Glide Ultra Classic
So many toys, so little time! Retirement? Tick Tock, Tick Tock

HemiGTX
Explorer
Explorer
Is the TireMinder and the TireTech units basically the same unit? Just two different marketers. If so, why in the world wouldn't a person buy the TireTech unit? It is around $200 cheaper!!!

limacharlie72
Explorer
Explorer
Interesting...I would have to give TireMinder a NEGATIVE for their Customer Service! Technical Support is only available 9am-4p Eastern Time, Monday to Friday! As I do a lot of Western Area Travel, those hours simply won't work.

After speaking with Matt at Tire Traker (and placing a call on a Saturday just to see if he was truthful!) I elected to purchase my TPMS from them. Knowing that customer service/technical support was available 7 days a week sealed the deal for me!

MPI_Mallard
Explorer
Explorer
Halibut214 wrote:
Tire Minder all the way. First used these on my TT for a trip to Alaska a few years ago and they saved my butt. I also have transmitters on my boat trailer and am now going to put them on my Motorhome. They also have super good customer service.

X2!! Wouldn't leave home without them, I have them on all my tires and they have saved my can twice and at $300 a tire (not to mention the additional damage a blow-out can cause)they are a reasonably priced necessity! Also I'd like to chime in on the folks at tire Minder, there customer service is among the best I've found! The only thing I'd reccomend is to get the transmitter booster as wifi and other such stuff interferers with the Tire Minder sensors aside that put em' on and enjoy the ride!!

Red Green:
There's only two things that excite
a man, expensive toys and real
expensive toys.
07' Dodge 3500 6 speed Cummins Diesel Dually/6.7L Bully-Chipped /
Exhst Brake/07' Cedar Creek 37CDTSD Daydreamer fiver
Mallard @ Frau Blรผcher

Red Green:
Now lets Bow your heads for the men's prayer.
I am a man, but I can change.
If I have to, I guess...

austex
Explorer
Explorer
TST507RV (purchased from greatrvproducts.com) here, saved us on its first outing. All well on the trip to the CG for a long weekend. On breaking camp, TST alarmed at 34psi (vs 50 nominal) as we rolled out. Checked with gauge and, yep, 34. Was able to swap the spare on while waiting in the dump station line, discovered a metal staple stuck in the tire causing a slow leak. TST saved an at-speed failure, I am sure.
Tom & Jessie
Central Texas
MVPRV(RIP) Coast 26LRBS TT

Phantom_fixer
Explorer
Explorer
After a blow out on a previous TT and considering the damage it caused I purchased a Tire Traker Tire Pressure Monitor system for my new trailers four tires. One trip to Canada from So. California and back sold me. The little added stress of not knowing how the tires were doing since one cannot see the rear two tires was eliminated. A quick press of the in cab monitor button and I could read each tires pressure. I was alerted only once when a tire went below the threshold for the plus and minus allowed from the set pressure. I did in fact have a small tack in the tire which was fixed at a convenient tire shop later in the day. A second trip to New Hampshire a year later, I found that due to some erroneous readings I needed to replace the battery in the each of the sensors. Also desert heat had deteriorated the "O" Ring seals and I replaced them. Our 8000 mile trip went like a champ and the tire pressures were monitored continuously. I will not be without them again.

mikestock
Explorer
Explorer
Three of the batteries in my old system were bad and I figured the other three would go soon. Replacing all six would be as much as replacing the whole system so I bought a new system with replaceable batteries and a flow-thru feature. Also monitors temperature. I like the flow-thru even more than I expected I would. New batteries and "O" rings cost less than $5 each. Should have bought ten monitors instead of six so I'll know if a problem with the towed tires are OK. I plan to add four more monitors.

Can't imagine buying any other system now.

tim5055
Explorer
Explorer
Well, all I can say is that a friend that travels all over the country in his Mountain Air swore by Pressure Pro TPMS system. When we upgraded from a pop up to a 35' Coachmen I figured it was time.

So far the system has saved me twice. Funny, but both times it was the F-250 tires, not the trailer. Both times issues causing slow leaks that if not caught in time would have cost us a tire or maybe an accident.

As others have pointed out, nothing is going to help a catastrophic tire failure. Hopefully you will catch a problem before it gets to that point.

PressurePro wireless Tire Pressure Monitoring System
Tim
Natasha's Camping Site
www.popupcamping.info
2014 Coachmen 297RLDS
2015 Aliner Expedition
2004 Ford F-250 CC Turbo Diesel

A day without sunshine is like, well, night.

Halibut214
Explorer
Explorer
Tire Minder all the way. First used these on my TT for a trip to Alaska a few years ago and they saved my butt. I also have transmitters on my boat trailer and am now going to put them on my Motorhome. They also have super good customer service.

Solo
Explorer
Explorer
DynaLowRider wrote:
Tire Tech looks the same as Tire Minder, which I have. My experience is broken plastic caps and split o-rings, three had the solder joint on edge of unit for battery broke. I re-soldered. Accuracy all over the place. Never had one leak though, and still using them. But for me, would not purchase again.

Yes, this had been a complaint of this system by some owners. Do a search and you'll see some of the issues. I've experienced only very satisfactory performance but, then again, I've only been using them for 6 months. I've checked the TPMS receiver indicated PSI several times for accuracy and find them all spot on. (Temp readings are not accurate but can at least be used for initial reference). I've even checked the low pressure warning system by intentionally reducing tire PSI and received the audible and visual warning as programmed. No doubt that I can see where the plastic cap can become damaged and cause issues. Is the plastic affected by the sun, does the sensor not protect from moisture intrusion well if it's submerged? We'll see how this system pans out over the long haul. In this business you usually get what you pay for but for $220 and six transmitters shipped to my door, I thought I would give the TireTech a try.
Solo
2011 Itasca Ellipse 42QD, 450 HP ISL Cummins
2012 Jeep JKU with SMI DUO Braking System

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
TNGW1500SE wrote:
This post just cost me 300 bucks!

Don't feel bad. You got off cheap!

If I were to add up all the things I have spent money on for my truck or trailer due to recommendations on this forum I probably could have have retired 10 years earlier. It just comes with the territory around here. :B
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

TNGW1500SE
Explorer
Explorer
This post just cost me 300 bucks!

DynaLowRider
Explorer
Explorer
Tire Tech looks the same as Tire Minder, which I have. My experience is broken plastic caps and split o-rings, three had the solder joint on edge of unit for battery broke. I re-soldered. Accuracy all over the place. Never had one leak though, and still using them. But for me, would not purchase again.

Solo
Explorer
Explorer
Rollnhome wrote:
I have Tire Traker and metal valve stems. They add an extra measure of confidence and safety. Especially like them on the towed and carhauler.

I have been using the Tire Tech/Tire Tracker with outstanding results. Purchased through Amazon Tire Tech TPMS Using 6 on the motorhome and 4 on the toad. I replaced all extensions on the motorhome with steel valve stems but did not replace the rubber stems on the Jeep. I was just a bit concerned about how far out the TPM stuck out on the Jeep's stem and wondered if it might strike a rock while offroading and cause issues with a rigid steel stem. Have towed over 3000 miles so far and all is well with the short stubby rubber stems with the TPMS attached.
Solo
2011 Itasca Ellipse 42QD, 450 HP ISL Cummins
2012 Jeep JKU with SMI DUO Braking System