cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Outdoor table w/sink

4x4van
Explorer III
Explorer III
OK, maybe not exactly a DIY project, but I did make some modifications to it, so... I wanted to share with you a product that I recently purchased. This is a portable folding table (about 2โ€™ x 4โ€™) with a built in sink:

Portable Table & Sink

It goes up and down very quickly and easily (folds very compactly, and includes a quick-connect faucet). Itโ€™s very sturdy, and extremely handy. I cut about 5โ€ off the bottom of the legs (just below the cross braces; itโ€™s 37โ€ tall to begin with) so that the height matched another plain 2โ€™x4โ€™ folding table that I use for my BBQ grille.
I then tapped into my RVโ€™s pressurized water system and use a quick-connect garden hose fitting on each end of a short hose between the RV and the table/sink, so that I have running water at the sink even when boondocking. A small collapsible bucket for the drain completes my setup.

I gotta tell you, this thing is great! It is so handy to have a sink with a faucet outside while BBQing, etc. When I purchased it, there were several similar units also on Amazon, but none of them had the quick-mount faucet, which makes a big difference in ease of setup/takedown. I also added Velcro straps to the underneath side to hold the faucet, hose, drain, and collapsed bucket when folded up for storage. That way it is all one single unit for travel.

Just thought Iโ€™d share. Sometimes you run across a product that just works. This is one of those. :B
We don't stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing!

2004 Itasca Sunrise M-30W
Carson enclosed ATV Trailer
-'85 ATC250R, '12 Husky TE310, '20 CanAm X3 X rs Turbo RR
Zieman Jetski Trailer
-'96 GTi, '96 Waveblaster II
19 REPLIES 19

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
We looked at the exact same table at Cabela's about 3 weeks ago. The price was $99. Very tempted to get it, but decided to wait. With winter coming, we won't be doing any outside cleaning or washing. We're keeping an eye on this, hopefully they'll lower prices over the winter. Maybe I could take the Amazon link (above) and see if they would match the price. (I doubt it).

Having looked at one in person, I will says, yes, that is a pretty impressive table and sink.

Cabela's link here.

lc0338
Explorer
Explorer
I have one of those too. Some call them fish fillet tables, etc. My horse trailer has a water faucet on the outside so water connection to the table is easy. This keeps dish washing and food prep with water outside the RV.

Naio
Explorer
Explorer
I have one of those, too! Seconding the quick connect. And I cut my legs shorter, too ๐Ÿ™‚
3/4 timing in a DIY van conversion. Backroads, mountains, boondocking, sometimes big cities for a change of pace.

4x4van
Explorer III
Explorer III
Johno02 wrote:
Just be careful where you let the greywater drain. These tables are common over here in fishing country, but Park Rangers can be picky about drainage sometimes.

I catch it in a collapsible bucket. From there, I can dump it in the toilet, the sink, the bushes, etc., depending on my location. No different than if I was tent camping and washing up in a basin.
We don't stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing!

2004 Itasca Sunrise M-30W
Carson enclosed ATV Trailer
-'85 ATC250R, '12 Husky TE310, '20 CanAm X3 X rs Turbo RR
Zieman Jetski Trailer
-'96 GTi, '96 Waveblaster II

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Just be careful where you let the greywater drain. These tables are common over here in fishing country, but Park Rangers can be picky about drainage sometimes.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.