cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Outside Shower Mods/Upgrades

Dagwood_55
Explorer
Explorer
Just bought a new to me Truck Camper. Even tho it has a indoor shower, I'm not sure just how usable it really is, not to mention the moisture introduce into the camper. So most of our showers will most likely be done with the outside shower.

But the outshide shower fixtures have to be the cheapest, poorly made piece of junk ever made. Are there any better made fixtures for this?? Or has any used better grade residentual fixtures as a mod for this?? A shut off on the sprayer head is manditory.

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
silverbullet555 wrote:
Merrykalia wrote:
We have not had a truck camper, but when we are at the beach, we use the outside shower on our TT and now our fifth wheel. A hula hoop, shower rings, 2 shower curtains (to give some enter/exit room) and a teak bath mat to stand on are all you need and can be purchased at the Dollar store for....$1 except for the teak bath mat. If you don't have the teak bathmat, make a quick easy one using left-over wood or pallet wood, just something for water to run thru and to keep your feet from being in the mud.
We installed a Command hook or two on the outside of the camper to hang our towel and other needed items. We will use the cheap hose and nozzle that came on the camper until it breaks, then upgrade to a newer better one. We hook the hula hoop up to 2 ropes and run across the top of the camper and secure to hold it up at the correct height for whomever is using it.

It's not a permanent solution, but it's pretty durn easy and cheap to fix up. It keeps the sand and stuff out of my holding tanks, mykids think it's a hoot to take a shower outside. Don't forget to get a shower curtain that you can't see through!:o I will shower naked, but have a bath robe hanging off the Command to slip on so I don't have to dry off inside the hula hoop, which can be confining.

That's a great idea. Any pics?

I'm sorry I don't. If you have specific questions, send me a PM. I've read through my reply a couple of times and I think that was all we did to it.

The rope that we ran across the camper, we used another command hook to secure it. I left about a foot of room between the ground and the bottom of the shower curtain. Also, if you have an old shower curtain that has the magnets or weights in the bottom, you won't have a sudden "uncovering" if the wind blows!!
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

silverbullet555
Explorer
Explorer
Merrykalia wrote:
We have not had a truck camper, but when we are at the beach, we use the outside shower on our TT and now our fifth wheel. A hula hoop, shower rings, 2 shower curtains (to give some enter/exit room) and a teak bath mat to stand on are all you need and can be purchased at the Dollar store for....$1 except for the teak bath mat. If you don't have the teak bathmat, make a quick easy one using left-over wood or pallet wood, just something for water to run thru and to keep your feet from being in the mud.
We installed a Command hook or two on the outside of the camper to hang our towel and other needed items. We will use the cheap hose and nozzle that came on the camper until it breaks, then upgrade to a newer better one. We hook the hula hoop up to 2 ropes and run across the top of the camper and secure to hold it up at the correct height for whomever is using it.

It's not a permanent solution, but it's pretty durn easy and cheap to fix up. It keeps the sand and stuff out of my holding tanks, mykids think it's a hoot to take a shower outside. Don't forget to get a shower curtain that you can't see through!:o I will shower naked, but have a bath robe hanging off the Command to slip on so I don't have to dry off inside the hula hoop, which can be confining.

That's a great idea. Any pics?
1995 Northland Grizzly 860. 2355 lbs of purple goodness! Sold
2005 Lance 845 - Baby Bertha
2007 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Classic CC SB 4WD
Torklift mounts
Torklift superhitch
Hellwig swaybar and 3500lb helper springs
2002 Cobalt 226 "Baby Blue"

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer

2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

Old_Days
Explorer II
Explorer II
I agree they are cheap, put the problem with a up grade is lack of space. You could buy a bigger door and build a bigger inside cabinet then install a better faucet, shower hose and sprayer.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
I never had an issue showering in my TC. It was a wet bath. I wiped it down quickly and ran the exhaust fan during the shower and for about five minutes after finishing.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad