cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Oxygenics RV Shower install: A problem

kyonu
Explorer
Explorer
Okay, so I went to install the Oxygenics shower head and ran into an issue. It connects just fine, but when I turn on the water, it gets stopped at the base of the hose connecting to the shut off valve. I have attached a picture for a better visual. What would cause this? It appears the connection on the inside of the rubber isn't tight enough or something, as I can pull down on it and it cuts the water flow and forces it out of the shower head. What am I missing?!

26 REPLIES 26

dewey02
Explorer II
Explorer II
old guy wrote:
the only thing I don't like about this shower head is it never stays in place when traveling. it always falls out of the holder.

Take it out and lay it in the tub when travelling. Problem solved.

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
the only thing I don't like about this shower head is it never stays in place when traveling. it always falls out of the holder.

kyonu
Explorer
Explorer
After a week update and many showers (from two different people), not a single leak and works great! Pressure feels fantastic and no leaks to speak of. Thanks all for the help again!

jneubig
Explorer
Explorer
Our has been on for a couple years now and no issues at all either. One of the best mods I have done to out TT.

cpaulsen
Explorer
Explorer
Mine has been hanging in the shower for about 6 years and never a problem. Leave it in the holder when traveling....does not fall out. I did not use a shut-off on mine...just let it run and have not run out of hot water yet.
cpaulsen

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
My walls are 1-1/4" thick so that 3/4" of screw sticking out the side of the trailer may be unsightly. Actually there is just the thin wall panels behind the shower head and I do not trust to hang that shower head on it.

kyonu
Explorer
Explorer
ronfisherman wrote:
Lynnmor wrote:
BillyandKris wrote:
We also didn't like it because it seemed top heavy and we thought it would fall out of the holder when traveling so we returned it.

That is why I haven't bought one. Not only might it fall out, the stress on the wall mount is too much in my opinion.

Ours has been on mount for 7 years and 60,000 miles. No signs of any wear.

I thought so at first, but the screws that hold this thing in are like 2 inches long. The weight of the shower head isn't near strong enough to pull those screws out!

UPDATE: Also taken two showers with this thing so far now (first one to test it out, second for work). Works great! After the first shower I took the suggestion of removing the old rubber washer from the previous hose, put it in the base of the new shower hose (since the hole from the faucet is slightly to the left) and the pressure is slightly better now. Still no leaks!

8/10 would recommend.

ronfisherman
Lynnmor wrote:
BillyandKris wrote:
We also didn't like it because it seemed top heavy and we thought it would fall out of the holder when traveling so we returned it.

That is why I haven't bought one. Not only might it fall out, the stress on the wall mount is too much in my opinion.

Ours has been on mount for 7 years and 60,000 miles. No signs of any wear.
2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
BillyandKris wrote:

Leonandlisa
Explorer
Explorer
I have that hand held unit, very impressed with how it works with very low water use. For my install I put the on/off switch on the faucet and attached the hose to the wand, it lowers the wand into hanger taking away a little leverage while traveling. Mine hasn't fallen out yet.

Leon

dewey02
Explorer II
Explorer II
In prepping the camper for any travel, we just take the showerhead out of holder and lay it in the tub.
Since we like how it works so well, doing this seems like no big deal.

BillyandKris
Explorer
Explorer
We had an Oxygenics showerhead in our other camper. It started leaking at the base like yours is. We also didn't like it because it seemed top heavy and we thought it would fall out of the holder when traveling so we returned it.

turbojimmy
Explorer
Explorer
kyonu wrote:
Okay, so I looked all through the packaging and there were no washers. Indeed it did not come with any as I just opened it and nothing fell out nor was stuck in there. 4:59 on a friday indeed...

Anyways, I went down to the local Lowe's (closer than Home Depot) and picked up a couple 1/2" washers. They were a bit thick and the hole a bit small, but I drilled out the hole to make it bigger and mashed it in there to fit nice and snug. And then WALLA! Working. Definitely the issue at hand here.

For the suggestion to get the washers out of the OLD shower hose... THIS is why I needed to run to Lowe's and pick up washers--because I'm inexperienced! I got it working before I noticed the washers in the old hose... I'll chalk it up to a learning experience and roll with it.

Thanks everyone for their help!

Glad you got it working! That shower head is on my list of Spring 2015 modifications. My old Allegro will drain the 6-gallon hot-water tank with a 1-minute shower. I hear the Oxygenics not only provides a nice, strong stream but also does not use much water.
1984 Allegro M-31 (Dead Metal)

kyonu
Explorer
Explorer
Okay, so I looked all through the packaging and there were no washers. Indeed it did not come with any as I just opened it and nothing fell out nor was stuck in there. 4:59 on a friday indeed...

Anyways, I went down to the local Lowe's (closer than Home Depot) and picked up a couple 1/2" washers. They were a bit thick and the hole a bit small, but I drilled out the hole to make it bigger and mashed it in there to fit nice and snug. And then WALLA! Working. Definitely the issue at hand here.

For the suggestion to get the washers out of the OLD shower hose... THIS is why I needed to run to Lowe's and pick up washers--because I'm inexperienced! I got it working before I noticed the washers in the old hose... I'll chalk it up to a learning experience and roll with it.

Thanks everyone for their help!