cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Room mates Peel and Stick tile_Update_Pictures

gaymeadowsman
Explorer
Explorer
We were in one of our local Wal-Marts last week and found they are now carrying the Room Mates brand of peel and stick tiles. The same as Smart Tiles. The 4-pack was marked @$14.98 each. we got home and I did a web search on them and found the web page for Room Mates Stick tiles,
https://roommatesdecor.com/stick-tiles/ and the design the we liked on the website was listed at $25.99 a 4-pk. More than $10.00 a pack higher. So I went back to the store and bought all eight packs of the one we liked. There should be enough to do the kitchen back splash, and the fireplace surround. Just in case the adhesive isn't as strong as on the Smart Tiles I plan to also use a light coat of 3M spray adhesive to help with the bonding.

Pictures to follow... soon I hope.
John ๐Ÿ˜›
Ted :R

in search of the next one
2010 Chevy Silverado Ext Cab LT
2015 Chevrolet Impala LT
19 REPLIES 19

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Careful with the solvents, I found out the hard way that they will remove the silkscreen or artwork (or what ever you call it!) from RV vinyl wall paper!

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
Depending on the adhesive on the tiles you may have a problem still as not all adhesives are compatible.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu

gaymeadowsman
Explorer
Explorer
ScottG wrote:
Make sure the back-splash is absolutely clean and there is not a trace of grease or oil.
The tiles don't stick quite as well to our vinyl wall paper as they do to anything else but it is doable.

Thanks for your advice, My plan is to clean it well with a heavy duty cleaner, then a good rub down with some alcohol but may test an area with acetone and see if i can rub it down with that.
The cheesy border "film" that Prime Time put on the wall above the counter started bubbling up and sliding down the wall less than two years after buying the trailer, we have used the stove top 4 times in going on 5 years. So part of the wall is pre-glued.
John ๐Ÿ˜›
Ted :R

in search of the next one
2010 Chevy Silverado Ext Cab LT
2015 Chevrolet Impala LT

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Make sure the back-splash is absolutely clean and there is not a trace of grease or oil.
The tiles don't stick quite as well to our vinyl wall paper as they do to anything else but it is doable.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
We'll be waiting for the pictures. :C