cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

seat cushions

photobug
Explorer
Explorer
Can anyone recommend a place in the seattle area that makes rv seat cushions? I'm building a new couch and don't have a sewing machine to make them. 2 places I got quotes are talking $500 each and I need either 2 or 3 depending on if I want a split back or not.
1998 Class C Lazy Daze 26 1/2 island bed
banks intake/exhaust
wifi/4g/siriusXM/DTV/DirecTV/CB
2xGeorbital electric bike conversions
6 REPLIES 6

pauldub
Explorer
Explorer
FYI, the local upholstery supplier is Perfect Fit McDonald in Tukwilla. They have all the materials you need. Any upholstery shop can do the job. Try looking for someone who does residential upholstery and you should be able to get a better price.

westend
Explorer
Explorer
I'd suggest to visit a local upholstery distributor and buy everything there. Call an upholsterer and tell him you have everything for the job. When you're at the distributor, ask for medium-firm density foam, zippers, upholstery material on sale, and the polyester spun backer. They are usually very accommodating.

An upholsterer will charge you 1/4 of what you've been quoted, probably.

I used the above method and bartered with my BIL, an upholsterer for the new cushions.

'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
First of all don't ever buy stuff labeled 'for RV's'. It will cost 10 times more than if you buy from a regular store.

I've had very good luck with cushions, pillows, bed spreads sheets etc. for the RV by simply looking for a local seamstress in your town. Some advertise on Craigs list or a local facebook group. Do a search on facebook for one near you.

Cushions are so simple to make and a local seamstress can make them for you for a WHOLE lot less than a stupid RV store. And make them in the material 'you' want.

You can also check with the dry cleaners near you they might be able to connect you with local seamstress.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Go to Walmart and pick up a sewing machine for about $150. Make them yourself and not only save a bunch of money but you will have the machine to hem your shorts. :W
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

photobug
Explorer
Explorer
They want $1000 for 2 cushions
1998 Class C Lazy Daze 26 1/2 island bed
banks intake/exhaust
wifi/4g/siriusXM/DTV/DirecTV/CB
2xGeorbital electric bike conversions

Blackdiamond
Explorer
Explorer
I am sure there are plenty of boat places around seatle to utilize.
03' Fleetwood Southwind 32VS
Enclosed Trailer hauling the toys
05 525 EXC KTM
15' FE350s Husqvarna/KTM
07 Rhino, long travel, 4 seater