cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Stoves & Ovens

chezmoose
Explorer
Explorer
It seems that most of the TT's we're looking at - in our price and weight range - only offer a 2-burner cooktop rather than the 3-burner range or oven. I'm guessing this is more of a cost consideration than weight, but in many of the smaller TT's an oven is not even an option.

So my first question is... Is is possible to change out the cooktop at a later time? Whatever we end up buying will likely be new so not planning to make any changes while it's under warranty but just wondering if it's possible.

Another thought... Is is possible to swap out the microwave for a convection or microwave/convection combo? I have no idea how a convection oven works so not sure if it'd require special wiring and or venting?

What are your thoughts on this?
DH, Me and 3 Australian Shepherds
2011 F150 EcoBoost Super Crew
"Elsa" - 2014 Skyline Eco Camp 19WQ
"Stella" - 1974 Starcraft Galaxy 6 PUP
41 REPLIES 41

Dtaylor
Explorer
Explorer
LOL, I thought the only thing the oven was for was storing the frying pan! Did not know people actually cooked in it.

Being serious, we do all of our cooking outside except for the microwave. The only time my stovetop has been lit is when I bleed the gas lines
Our Travel Blog

2018 Premier 29RKPR
2014 Ford F-150

CincyGus
Explorer II
Explorer II
Or consider getting a propane stove for outside. We cook outside on a folding two burner coleman stove I have running off a extra 20 lb tank. I have one of the distribution trees that allows a lantern on top and two appliances to be run from the 20 lb tank so I also have the Weber Q100 hook up.

About the only time the inside stove gets used is for coffee or for warming up some canned veggies if I have both of the burners outside going with different pots/skillets for a big dinner with guests.

99% of the time, the two burners outside do the job for me. They also have a higher BTU and make the coffee perk or water boil faster or food heat quicker.

I'd rather be outside cooking when weather permits plus keeps the smells out of the camper along with grease or steam.
2015 GMC 2500 Denali Crewcab 4x4
2019 Forest River Wolfpack 23pack15

Hope your travels are safe and the friendships made camping are lasting.

phenrichs
Explorer
Explorer
We have 3 burners and if you put full size skillet or such on it you will only fit 2. 3 is possible but only if they are small.
2006 Ram 3500 Megacab Cummins
2012 Keystone Sprinter 311BHS

chezmoose
Explorer
Explorer
I don't really foresee us using 3 burners at a time or baking cakes or anything. But those 2-burner cooktops seem so small I'm not sure you could use both burners if you had a large skillet going on one.

An oven would come in handy for baking biscuits or just keeping things warm.

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
ktmrfs wrote:
we have a 3 burner cooktop. It's been a very rare occasion when we used all 3 burners, and even when we did, we could have gotten by with 2 pretty easy. My small home built toyhauler has a 3 burner stove, never been any issue.

X2, we've had 3 burner cooktops on our last 2 trailers and can't recall ever using more that 2 of the burners at once. We do use the oven from time to time.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

Rick_P_
Explorer
Explorer
We only ever use two burners too, although we used to have a B-class motorhome with a 2-burner cooktop that really only had enough room for one good sized pot so imo spacing of the burners is more important than the number. As for the oven our current trailer is 7 years old and we've never used it - still has the stickers on the inside.

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
we have a 3 burner cooktop. It's been a very rare occasion when we used all 3 burners, and even when we did, we could have gotten by with 2 pretty easy. My small home built toyhauler has a 3 burner stove, never been any issue.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

chezmoose
Explorer
Explorer
Good to know! Thank you!!

loulou57
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, the dealer will change whatever you want, if it is possible. They likely will have to order items. Sometimes certain things can't be changed easily and may be cost effective to find another trailer.

chezmoose
Explorer
Explorer
So the dealers can do this even if you can't order them from the factory that way?

loulou57
Explorer
Explorer
rvten wrote:
If buying new. Have them install the stove and oven before making the deal.
You will loose storage under the stove.

We have a 3 burner cook top. Never use more than 2 burners.

I agree, have any upgrade you would like put in the deal. It will cost less now than if you do it later.

rvten
Explorer
Explorer
If buying new. Have them install the stove and oven before making the deal.
You will loose storage under the stove.

We have a 3 burner cook top. Never use more than 2 burners.
Tom & Bonnie
Crossville, TN.
Aspect 29H 2008 Type C
Ford Flex SEL 2010
There is NO B+