cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toaster Oven

dwayneb236
Explorer
Explorer
Hey there, I've just been going through photos I've taken as I do mods and I really like this one. We don't use the oven often as it's so hit and miss, but I "won" a toaster oven because I've worked at my job for over 10 years now. Yeah, I'm appreciated..hehe. Anyway, we didn't need it in the house and thought we'd just put it in the camper. I'm not a fan of cluttered counters so I built a little frame under the cabinets and now it just slides in when we get to where we're going. Pretty simple and works great. Goes in storage during travel.

2016 Ford F350 XLT DRW 6.7 SuperCrew 4X4 8 Ft Box
2016 Brookstone 395RL
16 REPLIES 16

dwayneb236
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah when I first got the camper I was looking around for the coffee maker. None. Looked on amazon and ebay and they were hundreds of dollars. Kinda crazy. I'm assuming old stock and used systems but people are proud of em. Trust me, I've watched the toaster oven while we've used it and it's been great. Not naïve though and that's why I never leave it while using. And if I have to, 4 screws and it's out and no one would even know it was ever there. = )
2016 Brookstone 395RL

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Very nice mods! Agree on the toaster oven, need to watch the heat. I had put an under-the-cabinet coffee maker in the camper a while back and last year it just quit. I searched for a replacement and come to find out that nobody makes an under-the-cabinet coffee maker anymore. Same with toaster ovens. I wasn't able to find any specific rules or laws or even fires, just that everybody stopped making them, so makes me wonder what the reason is....they were fairly popular.

tenbear
Explorer
Explorer
Great mods!
Class C, 2004/5 Four Winds Dutchman Express 28A, Chevy chassis
2010 Subaru Impreza Sedan
Camped in 45 states, 7 Provinces and 1 Territory

dwayneb236
Explorer
Explorer
I've actually thought of putting some type heat shield up top. As for the blinds, they aren't close at all. We've had no heat issues but I will continue to monitor and tweak it as needed.

And it's not used as an actual oven. Just toasting.
2016 Brookstone 395RL

DrewE
Explorer II
Explorer II
I agree, very nice work all around.

If it were me, I would put a sheet metal heat shield spaced between the toaster oven and the overhead shelf. What you have is probably OK for limited toaster use, but doesn't look great to my eye for oven use.

It might also be wise to keep an eye on the blinds in back of the toaster oven if they're fairly close. It doesn't take overly much heat to deform vinyl blinds. I know this firsthand from some misadventures with a heat gun and home window maintenance....

dwayneb236
Explorer
Explorer
Rolling Condo wrote:
Great looking mods. A word of caution about the amount of heat from the toaster oven right under the cabinet.

Yeah, I'm aware of it. We've used it several times and I've monitored the heat. Has not been a problem. I did think about it when I was building it and that's why I made it just a frame to allow for plenty of airflow. It will never be used without one of us being with it.
2016 Brookstone 395RL

murphysranch
Explorer
Explorer
very nice!
Empty nesters
2 cats
2 cattle dogs too!

Rolling_Condo
Explorer
Explorer
Great looking mods. A word of caution about the amount of heat from the toaster oven right under the cabinet.
'90 GMC R2500 7.4L w/ Gear Vendor OD
'90 Avion 34V
Cummins Onan P4300ie
Pro Pride 3P
Prodigy

dwayneb236
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you. Something I really enjoy. If my wife knew I had such a good time doing all these mods she would probably stop me.
2016 Brookstone 395RL

nineoaks2004
Explorer
Explorer
Nice mods...
By the time you learn the rules of life
You're to old to play the game

rav
Explorer
Explorer
great mods! I like the reading lights

dwayneb236
Explorer
Explorer
Some under the bed doors I've put in we're going to used as laundry chutes. Have one on each side..

2016 Brookstone 395RL

dwayneb236
Explorer
Explorer
And the under dinette storage doors.

2016 Brookstone 395RL

dwayneb236
Explorer
Explorer
Added reading lights to bedsides. Easy to get to now..

2016 Brookstone 395RL