cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Water hose repairs and shipping parts to Canada

Artum_Snowbird
Explorer
Explorer
I had a problem with my water pipes hammering against the cupboard wall, and the pump banging. Nice of them to put it in the bedroom.

Anyway, after getting off the clamps and pulling off the old hose, I tried to replace it with a new piece that I could loop to calm the hammering. The reinforced hose doesn't come with any clamps and the RV people were not accommodating at all with lending their clamp pliers to me. Hose clamps for that kind of hose would not tighten enough.

So, I ordered an Oetiker clamp and plier kit from the USA. The price in Canada was almost $250 with taxes. The USA price was US$52, shipping was free, but only good in the US.

Hmmm.. finally found a site and the price in Can $ for the 80 piece kit was $83. shipped to Canada. Brokerage fees cost me a further $35, so I ended up getting it delivered to my door for $120 Canadian.

I am now a happy Canuck camper again.
Mike
2012 Winnebago Impulse Silver 26QP
2005 16.6 Double Eagle
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK
previously Snowbird Campers,
Triple E Motorhome and Fifth Wheel
5 REPLIES 5

filthy_beast
Explorer
Explorer
I am not very fond of the crimped hose connectors. When I replaced the cap on the low point drains with valves the crimped connection hidden behind the wall in the basement started leaking. I replaced that T with a Sharkbite fitting. Luckily I bought two because when I got done with that one the other started leaking.
Goody Two Shoes and the Filthy Beast
2008 Silverado 2500HD
2012 Wildcat 282RKX

You cannot make things idiot proof, you can only make them idiot resistant.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi

Did you add a tank or do an air filled T to get rid of the hammering?
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
PEX tubing and Oetiker crimps to connect it all together are great for the production line but a total pain for the DIY RV owner so I'm trying to imagine why you'd bother when the solution is to simply cut the PEX tubing, add suitable compression fittings such as those sold by SeaTech, and connect to the pump using soft braided hose, the more the better especially on the output side of the pump.

Dead Silent Water Pump Operation :B
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

Artum_Snowbird
Explorer
Explorer
The kit, with clamps and pliers is the Oetiker 80 piece set. Model number 18500114

I think I will have enough clamps and the proper tool for myself and several friends for the rest of my life.

And what I did find when I went looking for hoses is that each dealer has a different type, and they each take a different size clamp, but the kit has ten of each size.
Mike
2012 Winnebago Impulse Silver 26QP
2005 16.6 Double Eagle
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK
previously Snowbird Campers,
Triple E Motorhome and Fifth Wheel

hedge
Explorer
Explorer
You can buy those kits from canadian tire or home depot for $40... Or am I missing something?
2017 F350 Platinum DRW
2013 Adventurer 89RB