Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2006 Alfa Toyhouse Basement Air Conditioner

YAKMAN11
Explorer
Explorer
Hello,
I just picked up my 2006 Alfa Toyhouse and am very happy with the layout and overall quality of what I see so far. I towed it nearly 400 miles over many mountain passes from Northern Colorado down to Southwest Colorado. It pulled great and have no complaints so far.
The reason I am writing this post is in regards to the basement air conditioner being inoperable. Does anyone have experience with these things?
The previous owner installed 2 rooftop units that work well, but I'd love to have the basement unit working properly.
Can anyone point me in the right direction? One of my biggest questions is, where is the unit installed? The controller is on the wall and seems to be operational, but I can't find the actual AC. If I can find it I may be able to do some trouble shooting on my own.
Thanks for your help.
2 REPLIES 2

Y-Guy
I'd hit up the search engine here or go to the advanced search the search the archives. You won't find much as far as the Toy House, but it was a popular option in some motorhomes for awhile, and as I recall they also had issues. So you might find some help there too.

If you don't get some more detailed help I'll move this to the Tech Issues forum as you might get other replies there, but for now we'll leave it here.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

fly-boy
Explorer
Explorer
I am no expert but the reason I backed away form purchasing the Alpha Toy House years ago was that the basement A/C was not nearly powerful enough to cool the unit.

In combination with two roof top units you would have a winner!

My guess is that they disconnected power to the unit when they installed the roof mount units. The generator will not power all three simultaneously. It would be easy enough to hook up the basement unit but you would need to run a 30amp cord to it independent of the rest of the coach electronics and it would only work on shore power where you had both 50amp service and 30amp service.
2016 Chevy LTZ
2009 WW HKD
A few toys...