cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2013 Cougar 318SAB

tko9900
Explorer
Explorer
Anybody with a 318SAB. Looking at this one, it has 76 gal gray, 38 waste but only two tank handles, are the two gray tanks connected to one drain? (Assume there are two)
7 REPLIES 7

tko9900
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Grady23. Guess I'm going to have to take the 180 mile drive to look at this unit. (for more reasons than gray water tank question) Now I'm curious. Salesman thinks there is one gray tank centrally located. I think no way.

Grady23
Explorer
Explorer
My 2010 318 has one(1) hose dump connection, A Black water valve, A FORWARD Gray water valve and the second GRAY Water valve is located outside the storage compartment under the unit, just in front of the drivers side wheels
Retired
2010 Cougar 318SAB
2012 Chevy 2500HD Ext Cab Duramax w/Allison
Grady Gulfstream w/twin 150'S
We're Just getting started

americanrascal
Explorer
Explorer
Never ever had a problem. Had more waste storage capacity than I could ever possibly use the way we travelled.

We really liked the setup and the style of the rig. Only rough part was setting up the reclining chairs when we arrived at the destination. Hard on the back.

tko9900
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks americanrascal. Did they fill and empty completely? I trust they have a vent into each tank. First I have seen of this setup.

americanrascal
Explorer
Explorer
I used to own a 2013 318SAB model. We had one gray water valve that served both gray tanks (kitchen/bath) on ours. It was easy to see the connecting wye on the 2 gray lines right behind the valve. Separate black water valve as you know

therink
Explorer
Explorer
Yep, look for second gray tank valve handle tucked up somewhere around wheels on left side. As far a s I know the 2 tanks always have separate valves.
Steve Rinker
Rochester, NY
2013 Keystone Sydney 340FBH 5th Wheel, 12,280 lbs loaded (scale)
2015.5 GMC Sierra Denali 3500, SRW, Duramax, CC, Payload 3,700 (sticker- not scaled yet)

Take my posts for what they are, opinions based on my own experiences.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
IF it has 2 grey tanks (grey waste and a 'galley'----kitchen sink) then the galley one should have its own drain handle.....typically back behind/between trailer wheels.

The galley may have its own drain line requiring a hose hooked up OR it could tie into main drain header.

My 5vr has black, grey & galley and fortunately all come out a common drain header so only one hose hook up needed
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31