cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2015 cedar creek 38ck

serial_fodicato
Explorer
Explorer
I have a cedar creek 38ck with the residential refrigerator and (4) 6-volt batteries. I left at the dealer for warranty work and they had it for 2 months and drained the batteries. It charged some from the dealer to my house hooked to my truck but then I hooked up the 50 amp. thinking the inverter would charge it overnight. It didn't. The inverter is working and the fan is on when I turn on the 12 volt inside lights. Shouldn't the inverter charge the batteries?
9 REPLIES 9

serial_fodicato
Explorer
Explorer
Snowbird67 wrote:
I would like to ask.. how do you like your ceder creek 38ck.. we have thought of getting one..

I love it. After all of the problems i had with my dometic refrigerator on my cardinal, I love the residential refrigerator. It's nice and the i love all of the amentities

serial_fodicato
Explorer
Explorer
scotjima wrote:
What kind of work did you need that took two months?

Lol the dishwasher went out and it needed a new one. I guess they were backed up

Jim-Linda
Explorer II
Explorer II
Your inverter does not charge batteries, your charger does this task. You may have a charger/inverter, but its hard to tell since on info regarding that device was not shared.

Jim

scotjima
Explorer
Explorer
What kind of work did you need that took two months?

Snowbird67
Explorer
Explorer
I would like to ask.. how do you like your ceder creek 38ck.. we have thought of getting one..

serial_fodicato
Explorer
Explorer
It's my disconnect switch. It's bad. I'll change it out. Thanks

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
With the inverter on and charging, take a voltage reading at the batteries. If not 13+ volts, you'll have to start tracking wiring and fuses.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

serial_fodicato
Explorer
Explorer
They hold a charge from my truck just not from the inverter.

Allworth
Explorer II
Explorer II
The batteries may have been drawn down to the point that they will no longer take a charge.

I would pull one or more of them and take them to an auto parts house and have them load tested.

You may have to replace all of them.
Formerly posting as "littleblackdog"
Martha, Allen, & Blackjack
2006 Chevy 3500 D/A LB SRW, RVND 7710
Previously: 2008 Titanium 30E35SA. Currently no trailer due to age & mobility problems. Very sad!
"Real Jeeps have round headlights"