cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

225/75/15 maxxis 8008 and the new goodyear endurance weights

Wills6_4_Hemi
Explorer
Explorer
I have given this some thought due to recent post that I have posted in. For the record I have never had a maxxis failure or personally know anyone that has. They are superior to all other trailer tires at least till maybe now. one thing I noticed about the maxxis is they are heavier that other 10 ply e rated tires which in makes me think they are just more robust. I have searched this morning for the weight of the maxxis and the new goodyear endurance and my smart phone is not cooperating lol. So do any of you know or can find the weight of the 225/75/15 10 ply e rated for each? If so please post. I have decided to be open minded for my next purchase in the next couple weeks and the heaviest tire may sway me. Thanks, Will
35 REPLIES 35

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
eHoefler wrote:
I have run 225/70R15C Maxxis LT tires on a work trailer for over 10 years, never had a failure, trailer runs loaded 100% of the time, weighs in at 7K+, I actually wear them out every 2-3 years

https://www.maxxis.com/catalog/tire-227-104-bravo-series-ue-168

That tire is similar to the Goodyear Cargo G26 225/70R15 LRD rated to 2470 lbs at 65 PSI.

Neither of these is a ST tire, which this thread "was" about. Both have good records for service on RV trailers "if" they meet the weight requirement and one is OK with a slightly smaller in diameter tire. Chris

Cargo G26 with 13/32" tread depth

Bravo UE-168 with 14/32" tread depth
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

Wills6_4_Hemi
Explorer
Explorer
eHoefler wrote:
I have run 225/70R15C Maxxis LT tires on a work trailer for over 10 years, never had a failure, trailer runs loaded 100% of the time, weighs in at 7K+, I actually wear them out every 2-3 years

pretty much my experience which is why maxxis is what I'm going with. Next set however I will re visit the goodyears and give them a little more time to prove themselves but they do seem promising.

eHoefler
Explorer II
Explorer II

2021 Ram Limited, 3500, Crew Cab, 1075FTPD of Torque!, Max Tow, Long bed, 4 x 4, Dually,
2006 40' Landmark Mt. Rushmore

Wills6_4_Hemi
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:

OK, I am sure there are SOME failures. But i have heard ZERO issues on the RV Forums I have looked at. Now when you talk failures you need to be sure it is not a "road hazard" failure.

A guy did post somewhere a "failure" but it looked like a puncture and later he said it was.
And I have had zero failures/problems with maxxis but there have been failures. NO product especially tires of any make have a spotless record. One persons experience is never enough to make an educated guess at. That's why they have things called surveys and reviews. Glad they have worked for you and my decision has also made

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Wills6.4 Hemi wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
The Endurance has been out for over two years now. They have a spotless record! I run them on my heavy salt water boat trailer.

There have been several Maxxis failures reported.

GY does have a great warranty.
not exactly true I found several failures on a web search, anything man made can and will fail I just like to lower my chances.

OK, I am sure there are SOME failures. But i have heard ZERO issues on the RV Forums I have looked at. Now when you talk failures you need to be sure it is not a "road hazard" failure.

A guy did post somewhere a "failure" but it looked like a puncture and later he said it was.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Wills6_4_Hemi
Explorer
Explorer
Me Again wrote:
Wills6.4 Hemi wrote:
not exactly true I found several failures on a web search, anything man made can and will fail I just like to lower my chances.

How about a link or three?

Chris
not smart enough to post links but on my dumb phone they were easy to find. If you think nothing every fails I have ocean front property I'll sell you in Arizona lol.

garyp4951
Explorer III
Explorer III
Take your pic of these.

https://www.etrailer.com/dept-pg-Tires_and_Wheels-sf-Tire_Only-tw-Load_Range_E-pc-15_Inch.aspx

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
Housted wrote:
Bridgestone Duravis R250 LT235-85-r16 weigh 59# each
Just sayin...

Housted

Not made in a 15" model. I have used the R250 and XPS Rib, two of the best tires for 5200 and 6K axles. I actually liked the R250 better than the Ribs. 6.5 years with Ribs and 4 on R250 before selling that trailer. Never a problem. Seldom added air!

Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

Housted
Explorer III
Explorer III
Bridgestone Duravis R250 LT235-85-r16 weigh 59# each
Just sayin...

Housted
2019 Forrest River Forrester 3051S 2014 Honda CRV toad.
1000 W Solar, converted to 50 amp
400 Amps of LiFePO4,3000 Watt Inverter, Refer converted with JC refrigeration unit, Sofa replaced with 2 swivel chairs, over cab bed converted to TV mount and storage

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
Wills6.4 Hemi wrote:

How about a link or three?

Chris

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
Did you miss a 'not" in there somewhere? Chris

๐Ÿ˜ฎ Good catch...how about a "wouldn't" ๐Ÿ™‚
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:
The Endurance has been out for over two years now. They have a spotless record! I run them on my heavy salt water boat trailer.

You better look again, hardly spotless. The Endurance , being out such as short period of time has had at least one report of failure that I read on the Montana forum.

I know you like pushing those expensive Goodyear tires, but they have been far from spotless, the G614's are great example of that. Great warranty, just about have to be with the damage from blowouts they cause. The G614's especially, and have been well documented on their failures . I think in the long run the Endurance is going to be a so so tire.

Its too bad Sailun does not have their RV tires in a 15". Spotless is the Sailun S637's ,and their Terramax truck tires .

Wills6_4_Hemi
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
I have personally had a Maxxiss suffer a tread seperation. It was replaced under warranty. No overloading, no overspeed, pressure at max. They were great in the begining but now they are slipping.
I have GY Endurance on the new TT.

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
JIMNLIN wrote:
In the world of commercial trailers more tire weight is a good thing for best long term durability and reliability.
I doubt a rv trailer with the same tires/axles/wheels is any different.

The Maxxis ST8008 vs the Endurance gets posted a lot.

With over 30 rv website members reporting issues with ST8008s I sure would say their superior to any other trailer tire in the last 6-8 years. Complaints on haulers websites run about the same.

Did you miss a 'not" in there somewhere? Chris