cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5th wheel insurence

southbound
Explorer
Explorer
I know this topic has mentioned before but I would like to get some of your opinions. Our 5th wheel is now 8 years old and we just got our yearly ins bill. This year it jumpe $85 more. We called our co but the person who handles it is off today. Just a thought should't it decrease with age. Personally I think what we pay is way to high $785 for 2016. Yes we do still owe on the 5th. Any helpful answers would be appreciated. Thank you and Happy holidays to you all.
Southbound
36 REPLIES 36

crcr
Explorer
Explorer
Seeing an insurance price like the OP quoted, you may not believe it, but it's absolutely true -- our 2011 28.5' TT is fully insured for $61 per YEAR. Two other vehicles, a car and our tow vehicle, are on the same policy. We don't live out in the country, we live in a large city. We have home insurance with the same company. Insurer is Liberty Mutual. I would definitely be shopping around. Good luck!

RAS43
Explorer III
Explorer III
Good advice from others-- bundle, shop around, higher deduction. Also, I use an independent agent who can shop many companies. She always beat the big names you see on television.

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
Every State is different as is every company. Shop around and see what is out there...

B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

joelc
Explorer III
Explorer III
We are full timers and ours is about the same with Progressive. Built into the cost is the value of the RV, what you are claiming for personals etc. I have a 2012 Carriage Cameo.

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
Switch carriers. Are you bundling it in with your other ins. sometimes it helps.

Chrisatthebeach
Explorer
Explorer
Shop around, I have had mine with Geico since 2009, I have shopped but they still have the lowest price. It has never went up since I insured it. I do also have my other cars on the same policy.
Chris & Dianne
Jayco Designer 3110 SOLD 6-11-2016, looking for the next one.
F250 PSD 4x4 Crew Cab

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
It's really hard to compare insurance without knowing all the details of the insurance you presently have. Deductible amounts make a large difference in the bill. Ours is less than half of yours, but we also store it for the winter months and the bill goes down when it is in storage. I imagine if you full time in yours the bill will be higher than if you only used it periodically.

Without more details about your coverage, it's just speculation.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"