cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

5th Wheel owners with lifted trucks

Eyetattoo
Explorer
Explorer
Just wondering from those that actually have a lifted truck and a 5th wheel, did you also have to lift your TH to compensate for the lifted truck? If so how high is your truck lifted and how much did you have to lift the TH? Thanks.
2015 2500HD Duramax LTZ Crew Cab
2005 26' Attitude Toy Hauler
2007 GSXR600
2004 YFZ450
2006 TRX90
2013 Raptor 90
2007 Raptor 350

Is it time to camp yet?!
9 REPLIES 9

lincster
Explorer
Explorer
My buddy had a 6" lift on his Duramax and picked up a new Weekend Warrior 5th wheel. Dealer told him he didn't need to flip the axles on the trailer.....
I about died laughing to see how goofy that looked hooked up to his truck.
As soon as we got home from that first trip, he had the axles flipped on the trailer and then it sat perfectly level.
He also had the 3rd step added to the entry door.
2022 F350 PSD CC 4X4 Dually to pull 2006 LE3905

Lincsters Truck/Trailer

Lincsters Rail

dickjar1997
Explorer
Explorer

The Stellar tows level with no issues. lots of room underneath to store coolers during the summer

dickjar1997
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a plastic step stool an refabricated to make sure it is 8" tall. Found an RV four step online to replace eventually.

Newbie working on posting pics:h

r1Mk
Explorer
Explorer
It's going to depend on the lift size and trailer model. The picture is my latest set up with a stock Fuzion (axles come flipped on Fuzion's) and a 3 1/"2 lift on 33" tires. Just slightly nose high but nothing to be concerned about. Been going to the dunes for the last 4 years with this and no issues, however more bed rail clearance would be a nice luxury. My previous set up was on my old truck with a 4" lift, 33" tires and a Crossroads toyhauler (axles had to be flipped by independent shop) and gave me about the same clearance. My suggestion is to measure the top of your bed rails, mine are at 60" (if I remember correctly), and then measure the bottom of the trailer hang over when the trailer jacks are leveled on the lot. I wouldn't go under a 5-6" bed clearance.
'06 GMC Duramax 4X4
'12 Fuzion 302
Winter 3 sleds
Summer 3 quads

N-Trouble
Explorer
Explorer
What about your entry step?
2015 Attitude 28SAG w/slide
2012 GMC 2500HD SLT Duramax
B&W Turnover w/Andersen Ultimate 5er hitch

dickjar1997
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a New 2014 Eclipse Stellar 34' 5th wheel TH last July. The Dealer installed a 10" subframe above the triple axle stock shackles. I have a Duramax with an 8" lift and 35's, rides and tows great no problems. RV dealer replaced AC unit with a shorter model so my overall height is 13'6"

08 Chev 2500HD duramax CC LB 8" Fabtech XD Rockstars 35"s
14 Eclipse Stellar TH 34
07 Polaris Sportsman 500EFI
06 Honda TRX450

N-Trouble
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, your more than likely going to have to raise the trailer. Flip axles and/or add subframe. I know a couple with 4" lifts that tow. 6" or more is starting to push it.
2015 Attitude 28SAG w/slide
2012 GMC 2500HD SLT Duramax
B&W Turnover w/Andersen Ultimate 5er hitch

valhalla360
Nomad III
Nomad III
How much of a lift are you talking about?

Lots of folks already flip the trailer axles to accommodate the stock 4x4. If you do a 6" lift on a newer truck, odds are you won't be able to raise the trailer enough without becoming unreasonably high.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

bcbouy
Explorer
Explorer
flip the axles or add taller shackles.
2012 ram 2500 hemi crew cab sb 4x4 2015 northstar 850 sc 14.5 g3 guide custom fly fishing boat