cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

AC's working???

tbritt580
Explorer
Explorer
Left Texas,Okla and now in Bossier City La. three rv parks and peoples AC's are droppin like flys, tripping breakers and freezeing up....anybody else having these troubles....103 to 108 degrees for days................
7 REPLIES 7

rskeans
Explorer
Explorer
This product increases the line voltage 10% when it get low. http://hughesautoformers.com/ It might be worth checking into. The 50A will also run on a 30A source.
'14 RAM CTD,Aisin,CC,DRW,4.10 Longhorn, LB
Aerotanks.com 70 gal underbed fuel tank.
Lifestyle LS36FW, Andersen Ultimate AL hitch

TXiceman
Explorer
Explorer
In hot weather the electrical system in an RV park is stresses with everyone running the A/C. Check your voltage inside the RV with the A/C running. You should have a minimum of 108 volts. The newer A/C units won't hardly run below 108 volts.

To help your power in the trailer, put the frig and water heater of gas, not electric.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

sadiesassy
Explorer
Explorer
We had 117 in Vegas with black ashphalt every where. and kind of expected trouble. ( Reason no one is in their RV's they all go gamble until it cools off.

But in Colorado - the darn thing froze up and started throwing ice chips. We had the AC unit serviced befoer leaving.

Turns out the Temp sensor up by the coils loosened up and moved away. We had it reset and every thing works now.

b-dog
Explorer
Explorer
103 and up is rough on a/c units. If they are the least bit dirty they will over pressure. Although the hot weather itself will not make one freeze up like others have said it will cause low voltage and that will cause all sorts of problems. Run capacitors die quickly with extreme heat and low voltage

CarlT100
Explorer
Explorer
I ran into low voltage at one park. I disconnected from the shore power and fired up the generator. I did not want to ruin my ac's or refrigerator.
Carl S
US Army Retired

'11 F-450, 6.7, 4X4, crewcab; '14 Fuzion Impact toyhauler
'12 Triumph Tiger 800XC; '03 Triumph Bonneville T100, 1968 Triumph TR6 Trophy 650cc
SWMBO: '13 HD Sportster; '06 Honda Big Ruckus

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
check the voltage at the camp ground box ,if not 110 at least , your ac will work harder and then bight the dust. not the ac,s fault.

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
if cash point or maplewood or red river marina all those recently flooded so would not surprise me old electric.

check your pm