cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice on Satellite Setup

wallaceb
Explorer
Explorer
I would finally like to setup for satellite in my 5th wheel. As have many before me I can’t decide between Dish vs. Direct. I also realize that both offer monthly service options.
Things to know: I do not have ATT phone service but rather Verizon and that is a slight negative vs Direct. Also, I do not have either Dish or Direct at home just typical cable.
Outstanding questions include: 1. Do I drop the home cable and go totally Dish/Direct? (I could get my internet via my century link land line) 2. Should I buy the total package from Dish/Direct vs. buying hardware, converter and satellite dish from say amazon etc. 3. What have I not also considered regarding going satellite other than the obvious “choose an open campsite , avoid tree cover”. Thank you all in advance. Happy Trails
30 REPLIES 30

md_procouple
Explorer
Explorer
We have tried both Sat services thru the years and found that DISH is the better of the two, as far as service is concerned. We have purchased our own receivers (model 211's, and Sat. If we have a problem with aiming we just call. Good Luck and Happy Camping !!
Vickie, Me, and "Scruffy" our dog make THREE
:W