cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Airtabs

racerguy351
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone here tried Airtab vortex generators on their toy hauler? A couple weeks ago we were on a very dusty gravel road and with the big vacuum created at the back of the trailer it sucked dust in wherever it could. The cloud of dust behind the trailer was pretty huge. I'm wondering how much the Airtabs actually decrease the vacuum. I am also curious how much difference it would make in windy conditions or passing or being passed by other vehicles. The videos etc that I've seem make them sound awesome but we know that those aren't always exactly truthful ๐Ÿ˜‰
6 REPLIES 6

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
racerguy351,

I'll look forward to hearing your results.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

racerguy351
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks guys.
They're not huge money so I might just try them.

dsrace
Explorer
Explorer
i have used them on two toyhaulers now. i cannot say i felt any reduction in suction from a passing truck. i can say the rear ramp doors stay clean and free or road debris where they didn't before. they do work but result vary for diff rigs. i did have a set painted to match my truck. i mounted them on the roof over the rear slider. i had such a tornado in the bed of the truck that it actually sucked a 5 gal fuel can out with 1 gal of fuel left in it. would also suck the 3/4" rubber mat off the bed and flap, ripped my 7 pole cord out the socket a few times. after applying them to the roof that reduced that by prob 85%

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

I have air tabs. They do not keep the back of the RV clean. But they prevent it from getting quite so thickly covered.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Here is a recent Thread on Airtabs.

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
I do not have a toyhauler,but I have AIRTABS on my Class C.

They really help on a cross wind situation,no more sudden buffeting. It has stopped the sideways push when being passed or passing a large truck.
As far a mileage it did not seem to make any difference.

On my trips to the High Desert here they made a huge difference on the dust collected on the rear of the RV and it seems to keep the interior cleaner after their install.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C