cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Andersen Aluminum Ultimate Hitch Redesigned

jerem0621
Explorer II
Explorer II
I follow Andersen hitches on Facebook and they have announced a redesign of their Aluminum Ultimate Fifth Wheel Hitch...here are some screen shots of the Facebook post.

Thanks!

Jeremiah
TV-2022 Silverado 2WD
TT - Zinger 270BH
WD Hitch- HaulMaster 1,000 lb Round Bar
Dual Friction bar sway control

It’s Kind of Fun to do the Impossible
~Walt Disney~
161 REPLIES 161

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
up2nogood wrote:
WTP-GC wrote:
Sport45 wrote:

If Andersen's design had come to market with B&W decals it would have looked much better too.

I don't think I've ever seen as much truth on this forum as this one statement makes.

Does not take long to understand that on this Forum. Just think if B&W came out with an Andersen style hitch like Pullrite

If they did or do it will weigh much more and have a much more realistic rating.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

minnow
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Chris. Appreciate the reply.

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
Me Again wrote:
minnow wrote:
Me Again,

Why do you say the Demco picture frame is better than the Reese. Having owned neither but needing to get one or the other, I'm interested in your thoughts.

Better puck latches that can be released without unpinning the hitch from the frame first.

I pick the picture frame and complete hitch from the truck as a single unit in the garage with a HF 880 lb electric hoist.

It appears to be better made also and sits a little lower to the bed floor.

Chris

Let's get the facts straight about the height ,Reese is 2 inches off the bed if Demco is less then that state the height ,it appears to be at least two inches to where the hitch sits , but like you I'm just GUESSING about the Demco. And as far as better made ,like the welding , the lugs ,not sure what would make anyone think one is better made then the other . Agreed the ability to remove as one piece is nice,as long as one has a hoist to do it with otherwise it's a mute point ,still have to remove in pieces. IMO the Reese picture frame is a quality well built frame. Two years of use with no issues, and it's cheaper then the Demco. Demco does not offer anything to pay more money for a picture frame adapter.

If I was that hung up on removing the entire unit as one piece it would take me about an hour or so to modify the Reese to do the same thing as the Demco, but I'm not

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
minnow wrote:
Me Again,

Why do you say the Demco picture frame is better than the Reese. Having owned neither but needing to get one or the other, I'm interested in your thoughts.

Better puck latches that can be released without unpinning the hitch from the frame first.

I pick the picture frame and complete hitch from the truck as a single unit in the garage with a HF 880 lb electric hoist.

It appears to be better made also and sits a little lower to the bed floor.

Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
minnow wrote:
Me Again,

There is exactly one difference in the two and that's the handles that lock the lugs in the pucks. The Demco has four short handles that allow them to be opened with the hitch attached allowing both to be removed attached to each other . The Reese has longer locking handles and the hitch interferes with opening them once the hitch is in place, so the Reese picture frame has to be mounted and locked down and then the hitch mounted and pinned. If it's that important to remove both at the same time then you need to buy the Demco. As far as the function of the picture frame one is no better then the other , just the removal part .

WTP-GC
Explorer
Explorer
MFL wrote:
WTP-GC wrote:
Sport45 wrote:

If Andersen's design had come to market with B&W decals it would have looked much better too.

I don't think I've ever seen as much truth on this forum as this one statement makes.

I have to agree with Sport45, but a small part of the reason may be the prior reputation of B&W, and Pullrite.

WTP, you have only been a forum member for a couple of months. It's hard to make your consensus in such a short time. :W

Welcome to the forum, I do enjoy your posts! 🙂

Jerry

Thanks Jerry. I've actually been on here for a few years, but I had some issues with my old account so it was just easier to start a new one. :C
Duramax + Grand Design 5er + B & W Companion
SBGTF

SkiSmuggs
Explorer
Explorer
Me Again wrote:

The rail version in a truck with factory pucks would work well with the Demco 6099 picture frame, which is a better product than the Reese picture frame. Chris

At $100 more, I would hope so. But they don't seem to make one for the Ford prep so no matter.
2015 F350 XLT PSD 6.7 Crew Cab, Andersen Ultimate hitch
2012 Cougar High Country 299RKS 5th wheel, Mor/Ryde pinbox, 300w of solar

minnow
Explorer
Explorer
Me Again,

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
WTP-GC wrote:
Sport45 wrote:

Does not take long to understand that on this Forum. Just think if B&W came out with an Andersen style hitch like Pullrite

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
Me Again wrote:
SabreCanuck wrote:
May I suggest for those discussing the detriment affects of the Anderson Hitch applying too much pressure on the truck bed that you do have the ability to order the Ultimate Hitch version that mounts on pre-existing 5th wheel rails.

Ultimate Rail Version

Which to my un-educated mind would be the same stress points all of us already have on our regular fifth wheel hitches..

:W

The rail version in a truck with factory pucks would work well with the Demco 6099 picture frame, which is a better product than the Reese picture frame. Chris

There is actually only one reason to discount the Reese picture frame, and that is because you can't remove the hitch and frame at the same time, if that makes Demco a better product so be it . As far as which one to get would be IMO strictly the price. I certainly wouldn't give a bunch more money for the Demco based on how to remove .

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
WTP-GC wrote:
Sport45 wrote:

I have to agree with Sport45, but a small part of the reason may be the prior reputation of B&W, and Pullrite.

WTP, you have only been a forum member for a couple of months. It's hard to make your consensus in such a short time. :W

Welcome to the forum, I do enjoy your posts! 🙂

Jerry

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
SabreCanuck wrote:
May I suggest for those discussing the detriment affects of the Anderson Hitch applying too much pressure on the truck bed that you do have the ability to order the Ultimate Hitch version that mounts on pre-existing 5th wheel rails.

Ultimate Rail Version

Which to my un-educated mind would be the same stress points all of us already have on our regular fifth wheel hitches..

:W

2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

WTP-GC
Explorer
Explorer
Sport45 wrote:

Duramax + Grand Design 5er + B & W Companion
SBGTF

Sport45
Explorer
Explorer
My point has been made. 🙂
’19 F350 SRW CCLB PSD Fx4
'00 F250, CC SWB 4x2, V-10 3.73LS. (sold)
'83 F100 SWB 4x2, 302 AOD 3.55. (parked)
'05 GMC Envoy 4x2 4.2 3.73L.
'12 Edge 2.0 Ecoboost
'15 Cherokee Trailhawk

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
Sport45 wrote:
snip

After what happened to that one, now you know why they didn't come with B&W stickers. 🙂
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"