cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Any wildcat owners out there?

fireman93514
Explorer
Explorer
We have pretty much decided to buy a wildcat 5er. Anyone have any comments on quality of this. We are looking in the 27-30 foot range.
John & Judy
2007 Winnebago Access 31C
2008 Ford Focus
11 REPLIES 11

Flattop
Explorer
Explorer
Had a 2001 Wildcat 28footer. Had landing gear issues first year. Drain plug in shower started leaking do to poor seal. Had furnace issues for several years, finally nailed it down to a faulty regulator that I replaced myself. Replaced the cheap water pump in 1st 4 years. No biggie as we usually were on park water. Developed a leak in the under carraige that started coming thru and saturating the carpet behind one of the wheel wells. It only occured while driving on wet roads, but still, Im sure there was damage. Slow leaks started popping up all over on the cheap plastic fittings. Had to constantly loosen and retighten them and used some putty to stop the leaks.

Other then that, it was a nice unit that towed easily. I told the rig back in 2008.
Marty
2000 F-250 SD,SC,2WD,auto,LB,V-10,3.73
2002 Forest River Wildcat 27RL

1-wife
2-girls (ages 17-13)
1-Dark Red toy poddle (2 1/2 yrs old.....our baby)

deleted-2
Explorer
Explorer
We don't own a Wildcat, yet we wanted the 2013 313RE Wildcat MAXX.
Great features on the coach desired.

The sale didn't work out, yet that was the dealers fault.

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
The Wildcat 'Maxx' is only available in the west and the Wildcat is for the eastern 1/2. Different plants.

jevanb
Explorer
Explorer
Bought the 344qb last fall, lots of issues, love the space. But it sure is long.
2006 CC 4x Lbz,

2012 Wildcat 344QB
Pullrite Superglide

cpaulsen
Explorer
Explorer
We have 29rlbs and really like it.
cpaulsen

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
My 04 has been mostly trouble free and the problems we've had have been very minor.

There are two things I don't like about it:
1. The Lippert Frame and its horrendous welding.
2. The bottom of the slide simply slips over the carpet. There's no wheels or tracks and it's beginning to wear into both the material on the bottom of the slide and the carpet inside.
Better brands have wheels.

Ktmpj
Explorer
Explorer
Bought a 2013 Wildcat 327CK in May 2013. What a nightmare! Nothing but problems. Many small, many big. Forest River missed the boat on this one! As far as quality control, it's hard to believe they have any. Don't know how this one made it out of the factory. Never been so disappointed!!!

jerem0621
Explorer II
Explorer II
I like them.

Thanks!

Jeremiah
TV-2022 Silverado 2WD
TT - Zinger 270BH
WD Hitch- HaulMaster 1,000 lb Round Bar
Dual Friction bar sway control

Itโ€™s Kind of Fun to do the Impossible
~Walt Disney~

DRM796
Explorer II
Explorer II
We purchased a 313 re new from RV Wholesalers, saved thousands and have had just afew minor issues. All were taken care of . I would not hesitate to buy a Forest River product and would surely buy from RVW again. Nothing but good experiences.
2019 Alpine 3700
2016 Chevy 3500 High Country DRW Duramax
2012 Wildcat 313RE traded in 5/2018

fireman93514
Explorer
Explorer
The 282RKX is the one we were looking at. The dealer is getting a 262RGX tomorrow we are going to look at also. They added a second slide on top for a wardrobe. Thanks for the response.
John & Judy
2007 Winnebago Access 31C
2008 Ford Focus

filthy_beast
Explorer
Explorer
We've been extremely happy with our 282RKX!
Goody Two Shoes and the Filthy Beast
2008 Silverado 2500HD
2012 Wildcat 282RKX

You cannot make things idiot proof, you can only make them idiot resistant.