cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

atwoodwater heatermodel#GCAA-!)E

mudrat025
Explorer
Explorer
everytime i have had problems with the water haeater not starting i unplugged whatever this is and it refired...today no bueno.but the manual has no description of it. i thought it says just an inline fuse but now i am not sure??
9 REPLIES 9

dedmiston
Duplicate thread.

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/27776610.cfm

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

dedmiston
I think this might be my favorite thread EVER! :B

The OP posts a question with about 60% of the info needed to troubleshoot it, posts a funny selfie and some gibberish links, and then the helpful folks jump in to answer what may or may not be the problem. Not sure why this hits my giggle bone so much.

One thing's for sure though, it sure beats trying to give advice on what you can't pull with a half-ton. :B

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

allcool
Explorer
Explorer
Old-Biscuit wrote:
If that 'in line fuse' (thermal cutoff) was your problem......unplugging it and plugging it back in would NOT work.
The thermal cutoff is a 'one shot' safety device that 'blows' when 190*F temp is reached.usually due to gas flame blow back from obstructed combustion chamber.

Sounds more like you have loose/dirty connections of terminals at t-stats, control board and/or grounds.

Biscuit, I agree 100%, just unplugging and replugging it, on the same terminal, will do nothing if the thermal cutoff link, or fuse is blown.

Thought of that, but thought since the OP had some problems posting, and to me, it wasn't 100% clear what he was trying to convey...
" i unplugged whatever this is and it refired"...
He says nothing about (where or if) plugging it back in...
mudrat025 wrote:
everytime i have had problems with the water haeater not starting i unplugged whatever this is and it refired...today no bueno.but the manual has no description of it. i thought it says just an inline fuse but now i am not sure??

We know just unplugging the thermal cutoff link or the fuse, will render the heater inoperable, I'm thinking he might have meant he unplugged it and plugged it back in, directly... maybe not though. Could be what you say, dirty terminals. We need more info to help troubleshoot... lol

Anyhow, doesn't look like he has been back to this thread since he posted it. Hopefully he figured it out.
2007 WW FSW3200
RZRS k&t Turbo
2 LT500
1 Lt500 hybrid
F350 CC 6.7PS Platinum

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
If that 'in line fuse' (thermal cutoff) was your problem......unplugging it and plugging it back in would NOT work.
The thermal cutoff is a 'one shot' safety device that 'blows' when 190*F temp is reached.usually due to gas flame blow back from obstructed combustion chamber.

Sounds more like you have loose/dirty connections of terminals at t-stats, control board and/or grounds.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

allcool
Explorer
Explorer
mudrat025 wrote:
[img][/img]

If this is what you're trying to post a pic of, than its a thermal cutoff link.

Common problem with these heaters. Temporarily bypass it to troubleshot. Or test it with a continuity tester. Make sure the heater exhaust/flue is not clogged up, that will overheat the unit and cause it to blow the thermal link.

2007 WW FSW3200
RZRS k&t Turbo
2 LT500
1 Lt500 hybrid
F350 CC 6.7PS Platinum

lincster
Explorer
Explorer
Huh???????
those pix are funny. Are they supposed to be of the water heater? Or fuse?
2022 F350 PSD CC 4X4 Dually to pull 2006 LE3905

Lincsters Truck/Trailer

Lincsters Rail

mudrat025
Explorer
Explorer

mudrat025
Explorer
Explorer
[img][/img]

mudrat025
Explorer