cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Awning Fabric Replacement

jmbstudios
Explorer
Explorer
My Genesis TH has a 20ft awning and light strip in the roller.
Awning is ripped. Need a new one.

So do I need any special order that deals with the light strip?

Or just order the right size and whatever color i want.

I want heavy duty fabric that won't come apart.

I have the Carefree electric awning.

Thanks in advance.
2019 F250 Lariat FX4
2018 Genesis Supreme 32CR
PRS and Taylor Guitars
6 REPLIES 6

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
cavie wrote:
Yes you must order the exact replacement because the wiring for the light strip and the electric motor are sewn into the edge of the fabric.

I can't attest to the lights but the motor wiring on mine (lights are at the trailer,not the tube) runs up the arm at the front, motor is inside tube, rear arm has the spring. The lights I've seen on the tube are in one of the tube grooves, so wiring should be in the arm/tube like the motor. If they were in the fabric they'd roll up every time and would think not last too long.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

dedmiston
fj12ryder wrote:
cavie wrote:
Yes you must order the exact replacement because the wiring for the light strip and the electric motor are sewn into the edge of the fabric.
Are you sure about that? I've never heard of anyone running the wire in the awning fabric. All that I have seen runs the wiring up one of the arms.

We got our awning fabric for our 20' awning from ShadePro.net. Excellent product. About $200 for the heavy duty vinyl. But I didn't see anything on their website about ones with wiring.

I've always wondered where the wiring is for our motor and lights. I've always assumed it was in the arms. I'll take a closer look next time we're out and see if there's any signs of ours being in the fabric. I wouldn't put money on it though.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

tempforce
Explorer
Explorer
check out the procedures for replacing the awning fabric, without removing the entire awning. the instructions are located in the archives..

somewhere in the texas 'lost pines'

currently without rv.
'13' Ford Fusion
'83' Ford Ranger with a 2.2 Diesel.
'56' Ford F100, 4.6 32 valve v8, crown vic front suspension.
downsizing from a 1 ton diesel and a 32' trailer, to a 19-21' trailer for the '56'.

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
cavie wrote:
Are you sure about that? I've never heard of anyone running the wire in the awning fabric. All that I have seen runs the wiring up one of the arms.

We got our awning fabric for our 20' awning from ShadePro.net. Excellent product. About $200 for the heavy duty vinyl. But I didn't see anything on their website about ones with wiring.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

aguablanco
Explorer
Explorer
I bought mine HERE
RichH
2017 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
8 Speed Transmission
2010 Dutchmen 24 FB-SL
Curt 10,000# WDH
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

cavie
Explorer
Explorer
2011 Keystone Sprinter 323BHS. Retired Master Electrician. Retired Building Inspector.

All Motor Homes are RV's. All RV's are not Motor Homes.