Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

behind door # 1

bbaker2001
Explorer
Explorer
2001 28 Cardinal
above the stove and microwave is an area with a panel. I thought it might be the vent, but unlike my TT there is no vent on outside wall. the microwave vents to inside as does the stove. does anyone no what is behind panel. it could be another small storage area.
as the venting to the inside, the stove definitely heats up the area. this could be a disaster in the summer. any ideas
BB from California
2015 Ram 3500
2001 Cardinal
best friend is my wife ๐Ÿ™‚
8 REPLIES 8

bbaker2001
Explorer
Explorer
well I did it. while looking at the exhaust fan, I took it off to see if I could vent it outside. it cannot be done with this one. will need a replacement. above it sits the microwave. it also cannot be vented outside. when I removed the microwave, there is nothing above it in door #1 but a couple of wires. MORE storage. wife did notice a bad smell after opening it up. hope it is just because it has been sealed for 15 yrs.
BB from California
2015 Ram 3500
2001 Cardinal

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
It is probably where the vent 'used' to go. They use the same RV bodies over and over again and just change the stuff inside.

I truly will never understand why they eliminated the exhaust vent for the stove on the newer models. Now all it does is go into the exhaust fan (if you even have one of those nowadays) and the smoke comes right back into the RV.:R Sure wouldn't pass code in a house doing it that way.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
No panel here w/ ours, but cabinet instead. However, like OP, the fan above stove on micro is not vented to outside. Doesn't seem to be a big a deal IMO. Yes it does warm up a bit when stove burners are used, but doable.
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

bbaker2001
Explorer
Explorer
thanks, I have one of those cameras from harbor freight. think I will drill a small hole and take a look. thought of removing the panel, but if I have to put it back in, could be hard
BB from California
2015 Ram 3500
2001 Cardinal

jffnkrn
Explorer
Explorer
As far as the venting issue, hopefully you have a roof vent above that general area, use it as much as you can. exhaust to the outside I believe is better, but not all manufactures do it. As far as the panel goes, don't forget to make sure you use the head on your shoulders and don't overload the shelf inside if you do use it. Also, when checking the area, make sure you don't drill into something that may cause issues later. Good Luck & be Safe ! ! !

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
I looked first, it was empty, so we used the space. Even is there are wires passing through, you might be able to just fasten them back out of the way, and use ther space anyway.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Probably full of lots of wires. I had a panel in my previous camper like that. I thought it would be a great place to open up for a new storage area. Took the front off and it was filled with wires running all directions. Glad I didn't destroy the panel getting it off.

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Drill two very small holes in the panel, shine a light in one, and look in the other. It is probably a empty space, if so, knock out the front panel and install a door. Useful storage space! Use a little common sense about what to store there.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.