cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

best rv tires

telicodickie
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for suggestions on quality tires for my 32 ft fifth wheel. I have tried several imports and haven't been real pleased with them. ST2.35/80R16 is what I am currently using.
30 REPLIES 30

steelpony5555
Explorer
Explorer
Hmmmm that's too deep for me lol lol I was just trying to keep someone from putting tires on axles and a trailer rated to hold a lot more then the tires can handle....
14 Cedar Creek Silverback 29IK
10 Dodge 3500 Dually Laramie 6.7 Diesel
14 Chrysler 300
07 Pearl White Ultra Classic (My new Baby)

Texas Boomers---Stop by for a Margie some time!

JEBar
Explorer
Explorer
with 16" rims, Goodyear G614's .... they are the ONLY trailer tires that come with a warranty that if they fail within 5 years and IF Goodyear gets what is left of the tire back, they will pay 100% of the cost of the damage to your camper AND replace the tire .... none of the other brands of tires mentioned so far in this thread will match that warranty .... that isn't to say that they won't fail, just that they will stand solidly behind the G614 .... the day a manufacture puts out a tire that they guarantee will not fail, I'll switch but not until then

Jim
'07 Freightliner Sportchassis
'06 SunnyBrook 34BWKS

Allworth
Explorer II
Explorer II
Steelpony,

You just explained the difference between theory and the real world!
Formerly posting as "littleblackdog"
Martha, Allen, & Blackjack
2006 Chevy 3500 D/A LB SRW, RVND 7710
Previously: 2008 Titanium 30E35SA. Currently no trailer due to age & mobility problems. Very sad!
"Real Jeeps have round headlights"

wandering1
Explorer
Explorer
Why haven't you been pleased with them? Have you had a tire failure? If so what caused the failure? Being imported tires is not a tire failure.
HR

mr__ed
Explorer
Explorer
I'll throw in my 2 cents. I've been very happy with my Uniroyal LT 16" tires. Had first blowout recently and replacing all of them with Uniroyals again. These are the original tires that came on my 2007 fiver and I'll be replacing them due to age. I was impressed that the blown tire didn't shred and cause further damage. It was a blowout, not a slow leaker.
Mr. Ed (fulltiming since 1987)
Life is fragile. Handle with prayer.

2007 Hitchhiker II LS Model 29.5 LKTG (sold)
2007 Dodge Ram 3500/6.7 CTD/QC/4X4/SB/SRW/6-speed man/Big Horn edition (sold)

MPI_Mallard
Explorer
Explorer
I'm a life-long die-hard Michelin customer but I'm just discovering all six of my 1 1/2 year old under 30.000KLM's LT235-80R17 Michelin's are dry-rotted, not good! After hitting some road debris going through Knoxville on the way to Florida this winter I replaced all four of my fiver's tires with Goodyear 614 RST 235/85 R16's and so far I'm very impressed with them. According to my research done on them with having 14 plies and a specific tread they should hold up very well and as far as Michelin is concerned I'm waiting on an answer to what their going to do for me on these P.O.S. rotting tires I now have.
07' Dodge 3500 6 speed Cummins Diesel Dually/6.7L Bully-Chipped /
Exhst Brake/07' Cedar Creek 37CDTSD Daydreamer fiver
Mallard @ Frau Blรผcher

Red Green:
Now lets Bow your heads for the men's prayer.
I am a man, but I can change.
If I have to, I guess...

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dandy Dan wrote:
Michelin owns BFG and Bridgestone so I guess what fits the pocked book.
Good Luck and Happy Camping
Bridgestone is not part of the Michelin family. Michelin, B.F.Goodrich and Uniroyal. Bridgestone is part of Firestone..

B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

steelpony5555
Explorer
Explorer
steelpony5555 wrote:

True, 6000 lb axles most any LT E rated tire will work, 7000 lb axles you'll need Goodyear G614 tires....

WeBeFulltimers Wrote:

The actual scaled weight on your axles is what really counts. Even if your fiver has been upgraded to 8k axles the LT E tires will be fine if your total axle weight does not exceed 12,168 lbs (excludes pin weight). Or if you have accumulated excess tire money you can waste some of it on 614s

No that is not what you want to do. Yes you want to weigh your trailer to get the true weight. But you do not want to put LT tires on a 7k axle. You want to keep it close to spec as possible, Another words if the sticker on the side says it has a GVW of 18k lbs you want to be sure it is set up to tow that. You may only put enough gear in your rig to go "camping", But down the road you may sell it to someone who full times and loads it for bear and pushes the GVW. Now you got some poor schmuck running down the road on 7k lb axles thinking he is good cause he is under the GVW but has LT tires on it, not good. Also you may weigh your rig today but a year or 2 from now it ain't gonna weigh the same. Tires are not something to penny pinch on, so if your gonna buy the big rigs then you gotta accept the big bills...
14 Cedar Creek Silverback 29IK
10 Dodge 3500 Dually Laramie 6.7 Diesel
14 Chrysler 300
07 Pearl White Ultra Classic (My new Baby)

Texas Boomers---Stop by for a Margie some time!

45Ricochet
Explorer
Explorer
Dandy Dan wrote:

LOL
Here's tonight's homework class :B

Michelin Company

Bridgestone Company

Most dealers can't even deal with both brands in the same shop.

Maybe your post was "tongue in cheek" :W
2015 Tiffin Phaeton Cummins ISL, Allison 3000, 45K GCWR
10KW Onan, Magnum Pure Sine Wave Inverter
2015 GMC Canyon Toad

Previous camping rig
06 Ram 3500 CC LB Laramie 4x4 Dually 5.9 Cummins Smarty Jr 48RE Jacobs brake
06 Grand Junction 15500 GVWR 3200 pin

FastEagle
Explorer
Explorer
The best replacement tires for your RV trailer will be some that provide 15% more load capacity than the trailer's certified GAWR.

FastEagle

MNRon
Explorer
Explorer
The 5er we just purchased has Carlisle RH load range F tires. They are rated for 3960lb per. I haven't weighed the trailer yet but expect it to come out around 3000lb per tire, maybe a little less.

I like the extra buffer capacity, and am hoping the newer Carlisle RH tires do well (I've read all the bad reviews on the prior Carlisles - don't bother to repeat them).

Don't know the cost but might be worth looking at.
Ron & Pat
2022 F350 Lariat CCSB SRW Diesel
2019 VanLeigh Vilano 320 GK

Dandy_Dan
Explorer
Explorer
dan218b@tds.net
Dan and Lori Branson
Anna 1 and Lily( The new one)
Sarah-7/16 and Beau at the Rainbow bridge
2015 Ford SD350 Crew Cab Power Stroke
2009 Open Range 337RLS
Old Fella Rally Member
RV.Net Ohio Rally Member

Ford_Man
Explorer
Explorer
I have GoodYear G614's on my Landmark. I replaced the tires on my last Montana which were E Rated and wanted to go to a G Rated Tire and was told that the Wheels were different for E and G Rated Tires.

Fire5er
Explorer
Explorer
The ones you can afford.
2011 F350 CC, 6.7, LB, DRW.
Hijacker (24-UMS-21) 21k Underbox Hitch.
2014 Big Sky Montana
PressurePro Tire Pressure Monitoring System.