cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Black tank flush system leaking

Tennessee_Nomad
Explorer
Explorer
Hello, We traded our TT for a 2010 Keystone Montana 3455SA last week. It has a black tank flush hook up in the convienance center. When we hook a hose up to rinse the black tank out, fresh water leaks out into the floor of one of the cabinets under the desk area beside the kitchen. Has anyone experienced this? We're taking it to the dealer for service. The dealer gave us a 30 day plumbing/appliance/electrical warranty. I'm guessing a leak in the feed line into the tank?
That's about the only thing we found wrong through our first weekend camping and trying everything out. We love everything about the 5er, especially all the room! ๐Ÿ™‚
2010 Keystone Montana 3455SA Quad Slide
4 Goodyear G614's
2017 RAM 3500 DRW 4x4 Crew Cab
6.7L Cumminsยฎ Turbo Diesel
B & W Companion Hitch
All Made In USA

*I chose the road less traveled... Now I don't know where the hell I am*
17 REPLIES 17

C-Bears
Explorer
Explorer
Many Montana models, and probably other makes/models, have cheap back-flow preventers plumbed into the black tank flush systems. If your dealer replaces it with the same kind it will probably leak again some day.
2014 Montana 3725RL (Goodyear G614 Tires, Flow Thru TPMS)

SPENDING THE WINTERS AT OUR HOME IN SW FLORIDA. THE REST OF THE YEAR SEEING THE U.S. FROM OUR LIVING ROOM WINDOW!

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Not all that uncommon. Black tank flush systems have an anti-siphon valve - back flow preventer (some times called a vacuum breaker). It is usually located inside a cabinet inside. Mine is under the bathroom sink.

It can leak if the water pressure is high or it can leak if it fails or it can leak just if it wants to leak..

Mine doesn't really leak, but sometimes it "weeps" a little. I just put a towel or dirty shirt from the laundry under it and all is good.

This is an example...it's not mine. (found the image on Google)

Well now, there you go Biscuit..you beat me to it again..
Is that picture that I pirated YOURS???
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Backflow preventer is probably the cause of leak

Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter