Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bridgestone Duravis Users

Poppy_s_5th_Whe
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone knows the differences between the Duravis R250 and R500 (in the 235/85 R16 size)? The only things I have found are a) the 500 is an All Weather tire versus the 250 tire is listed as a Summer Tire and b) the 500 lists at around 45 lbs and the 250 indicates it weighs almost 60 lbs.

Thanks for any input.
Paul "Poppy" Cervone
2016 GMC Summit White Denali 3500HD SRW CC/SB
2015 Grand Design Reflection 337 RLS
7 REPLIES 7

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
The R-250 is a commercial grade all steel ply carcass which is the reason its so heavy. The tread is a true ribbed low rolling resistance tire which works fine for trailers. I would say the R-250 is the holy grail class tire for trailer owners who need a 2680 lb or 3042 lb rated tire.

The R-500 tire is a poly carcass tire so its not as heavy in weight.
The tread is a AS type and is a better choice than a AT or MT type tread for trailer use.

I frequent several haulers forums and the R500 HD ranks as good as any poly class tire for road trailers.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

filrupmark
Explorer
Explorer
Our R250's are excellent. 1-1/2 years old with about 10,000 miles. I
no longer have tire stress.
2004 Ford F250 Super Duty 6.0 Diesel, Bilstein 4600 Shocks, 16K B&W Patriot, Michelin M&S
2014 Augusta Flex AF34RS Trailair Tri Glide pinbox,
JT Strong Arms , Bridgestone R250'S, KYB Monotube Gas shocks
Finally a smooth ride !!!

Poppy_s_5th_Whe
Explorer
Explorer
Artum Snowbird wrote:
If you google the tires and look at their design you will see that the 250 is a running tire, commercial use, designed to follow along faithfully. That is what I put on my fifth wheel and I love them.

The 500 is a light truck tire, but is designed to be on a four wheel drive truck as an all season traction tire.

Thanks. I have had the 250s on my trailer since last summer and pulled over 12,000 miles on them so far and am extremely happy. My question was really for a friend who is interested in the Duravis but he found toe 500 and, since it looked similar and was about $40 cheaper per tire, he asked me my thoughts. I couldn't find some of the points you bring up so that's helpful.
Paul "Poppy" Cervone

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
Poppy's 5th Wheel wrote:
donn0128 wrote:
You dont need not want an AS designated tire on a trailer.

Sorry but I don't understand your response.
Don't use a all weather tire, use a straight tread tire.
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

Artum_Snowbird
Explorer
Explorer
If you google the tires and look at their design you will see that the 250 is a running tire, commercial use, designed to follow along faithfully. That is what I put on my fifth wheel and I love them.

The 500 is a light truck tire, but is designed to be on a four wheel drive truck as an all season traction tire.
Mike
2012 Winnebago Impulse Silver 26QP
2005 16.6 Double Eagle
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK
previously Snowbird Campers,
Triple E Motorhome and Fifth Wheel

Poppy_s_5th_Whe
Explorer
Explorer
donn0128 wrote:

Sorry but I don't understand your response.
Paul "Poppy" Cervone

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II