cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

California road trip - updated w/ pics

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
Our friends from up north booked us some camping spots up at Lake Almanor over the 4th of July - was thinking to leave a few days before and go check out Bodie SP, I know it's kind of last minute to plan a trip but I was also thinking of venturing up into Oregon since we will be so far up north. What do you guys recommend. Going to do my best to book some camping spots, we have no time restrictions. Looking for places to see so I can put together a plan. So from Oxnard Ca to the Oregon border area
LBZ - Stealth TH - RZR 900 4 - Honda 450X - Paddleboarder - Fisherman - Kayaker
76 REPLIES 76

coolbreeze01
Explorer
Explorer
Great pics. Good to see water in Bridgeport Reservoir.
2008 Ram 3500 With a Really Strong Tractor Motor...........
LB, SRW, 4X4, 6-Speed Auto, 3.73, Prodigy P3, Blue Ox Sway Pro........
2014 Sandsport 26FBSL

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
We are having a great time - couldn't post had no cell service for 3 days, once left bishop. Spent two nights at June lake and the headed up to Bridgeport for a night to see Bodie. Hap we have to meet up in our way back down.

June lake - Oh Ridge Campground

Made up to Bridgeport - stayed at paradise shores rv park.

The lights are still on at the general store in Bodie - over 80 years they been on.

Paradise shores

Dirtclods
Explorer
Explorer
Great idea for storing your boards.
AAA Motorcycle RV Plus

mrw8i
Explorer
Explorer
We spend a lot of time in the Lone Pine area. Mostly for fishing, and some hiking. Alabama Hills are really cool. Never stopped at Diaz Lake. History of Diaz lake is interesting, looks manmade but its not. We stay at Tuttle Creek BLM campground. With the snow runoff - fishing not good right now. Manzanar is a must visit, multiple times. Never went to the movie museum. Probably going to Lone Pine tomorrow. It's a little warm, but hey . . .

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
GREAT thay you're enjoying the eastern Sierra, Diaz is very pretty from the hwy. never stopped though. Same for Manzanar. Are you going to the motion picture museum at Alabama Hills? Never been there either.

Lots to see, hope its not too warm, will be better in Bridgeport.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
Today we checked out Manzanar

Naio
Explorer
Explorer
Wonderful pics! Keep 'em coming!

I hope you have a fantastic trip ๐Ÿ™‚
3/4 timing in a DIY van conversion. Backroads, mountains, boondocking, sometimes big cities for a change of pace.

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
We hit the road yesterday, first stop small campground Called Diaz lake right off the 395. All campsites are right along the waters edge, which is nice for us to launch The kayak & paddleboards. No hooks but over nice lil camp ground especially on a Monday with no one around.

Found a submerged table 15' out so the Kids waded out to fish on it. They are determined to catch the first trout - we have two bets going on.

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
Paddle boards, Check! Left is mine at 9'6" is more of a surfing SUP but can be used as flat water if your an advanced paddler, it's shorter and not as wide plus it's easier to load up that's why this one is coming along. center one is a surf paddleboard at only 8'0 but my youngest daughter is lightl weight so it just glides on the flats with her. And last one far right is my oldest daughters at 11'0 - it's an all a rounder and does very well both in flat and surf conditions. Still have my wife's to fit in, she likes the 12''0 but I might just bring her a 10'.

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
dedmiston wrote:
Why is it postmarked from SCV?

Not sure, but most of our mail has SCV stamped on it. I think there's a processing center there. Somestimes it goes to Goleta aswell, for instance if I mail something to Ventura it will go to goleta then Ventura - weird.

dedmiston
Why is it postmarked from SCV?

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
Got my confirmation post card in the mail from Browns Owens river campground - Awesome they still take the time to write it up and mail it.

Another awesome campground I want to mention was the customer service at paradise shores in Bridgeport ca, eastern sierras. We are passing through for 1 night and wanted to stop relax and enjoy full hooks before trekking along. It's a 2 night minimum so i emailed them and asked if one night was possible. They got back to me and said they will accomadate me by modifying the website so I can book one night STOKED!!!

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
Bought a killer stainless Table top BBQ from sams club, fits right into the side compartment.

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
Outfitting the truck

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
eDUBz wrote:
Ok - final stop for the trip is Browns. Just scored the last spot that works for us.

COOL!

Don't know who's running the campground this year but in previous years they've been quit colorful.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX