cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cardinal 28 wb

b-dog
Explorer
Explorer
Looking at a 2003 Cardinal wb. Can't find the pin weight of the 5 th wheel.. I have a 2500 chevy. I don't think that the weight would be took much for it but I. Not sure. I do know that it is heavy. Anyone help. First time rv buyer

Thanks b-dog
5 REPLIES 5

b-dog
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks I will check

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
b-dog wrote:
Looking at a 2003 Cardinal wb. Can't find the pin weight of the 5 th wheel.. I have a 2500 chevy. I don't think that the weight would be took much for it but I. Not sure. I do know that it is heavy. Anyone help. First time rv buyer

Thanks b-dog

Check the web of the I-beams behind each tire about 1 1/4 to 1 1/2" inches above the lower flange for cracks.

Once this repair is done you are good to go.

Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
You are not giving much info on truck, or FW. You should be able to get the GVWR of the FW, on the sticker, drivers side front of trailer. If you figure 20% of this to be maximun pin weight, you will have an idea if your truck can handle the payload.

Don't forget to add 150-200 lbs. for the FW hitch.

Jerry

brmike
Explorer
Explorer
i had a 2005 cardinal 29wb and pulled it with a ford f250 with a diesel engine and had no problems at all pulling or stopping.

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Look at the GVWR sticker on the left side near the front. From that take 20% and you will be close. IMHO depending on anlotnof factors you could be close or over your trucks rating.