cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

carpet??

caysea7254
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone know whether it is possible to get a 5th wheel with no carpet any where at all in the unit? Is it possible to order one that way? Thanks
Steve & Tara Smiley
2022 3500HD Sierra GMC
2017 Grand Design Reflection 27RL
19 REPLIES 19

travelnutz
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just the opposite.

We always have ordered all our RV's with 100% carpet or as close as possible including our 7 truck campers and our cabined boats both power and sail. Soft, warm, much quieter with carpet inside, looks and has a much more homie feeling and not like a commercial public building or a shack. So easy to keep clean with a vaccuum, shampoo once or twice a year as needed and keeps it's new look. Our carpets are all light colored but not white and so are our very expensive oriental hand made wool rugs. Fabulous for high traffic areas and with having kids/grandkids/great grandkids especially where they play on the floors. One approx 9' X 12' light beige with multiple colors in the patterns was purchased and put down over the plush carpet in our main livingroom in 1986 (28 years ago) and still has no stains or shows any wear. Yes, it always gets shampooed also just like the rest of our carpets but we use warm water not real hot water on it.

Our homes are also 100% plush carpeted including the bathrooms, stairs, all cement areas/entrances/porches, the dining areas, only exception is the main kitchen floor which we had solid real teakwood ($$$) installed but but then had about 75% of the teakwood covered with special shaped custom made carpet runners so we don't have to walk/stand on the hard floor. Pickup the runners and so easy to pull out the large appliances to clean around them. We really dislike linoleum and ceramic tile and wood gets scratched and looks old quite fast.

Hard floors are slippery when wet and any sand or dirt etc is like ball bearings under shoes. Yes, we do normally wear our shoes in our RV's and homes and you'd never be told to remove your shoes when in our RV's or homes but you will be asked to wipe your shoes on the rugs first at any of the doors before entering. Always a large dirt removing outdoor rug outside each entry and for the various RV's and carpeted steps which really keeps the inside carpet stay clean too. Even the 2' X 7' porch and the steps behind our Lance TC is carpeted and just inside the door is another dirt removing rug.

Different strokes for different folks!
A superb CC LB 4X4, GM HD Diesel, airbags, Rancho's, lots more
Lance Legend TC 11' 4", loaded including 3400 PP generator and my deluxe 2' X 7' rear porch
29 ft Carriage Carri-lite 5'er - a specially built gem
A like new '07 Sunline Solaris 26' TT

2hams
Explorer
Explorer
Ours, standard from the factory, has carpet in the dinette/recliner slide and in the bedroom. The rest is Beaufloor. The steps are wood. We love it!
2019 Grand Design Solitude 310GK
2019 GMC Denali 3500 D/A SRW

army_guy1
Explorer
Explorer
I would think if you custom ordered one, it could be done with little/no carpet. I removed the carpet from our main slide and put in wood laminate. The only carpet we have is in the bedroom and that one probably has to be there because of the slide.
Rick & Jana
Full timing since Oct 2005 - retired US Army Dec 2009
2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L
2014 RAM 3500 Big Horn

Dayle1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ordered mine with "min. carpet". Slides, steps and bedroom only.
Larry Day
Texas Baptist Men-Retiree Builders since '01
'13 Silverado 3500HD LT 2wd CCSB SRW, custom RKI bed
'19 Starcraft Telluride 292RLS
Rig Photos

rjf7g
Explorer
Explorer
When I ordered my Gulf Stream trailer, I ordered it with "as little carpet as possible." They could not eliminate ALL carpet because of the slides, but they put a lot less in it than they normally do.
1999 American Cruiser Class B
2006 Palomino Puma 27FQ Bunkhouse
2007 Gulfstream Innsbruck 36FRS Park Trailer