cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

carrying up front

pdarby
Explorer
Explorer
I am currently pulling a Big Horn 3370RK with a 13' Ford F-250 SD 6.7. I am thinking about mounting a receiver hitch on the front of the truck and carrying a 3 to 400# scooter on the front. Anyone else doing this? I have seen it done before. Ideas??
22 REPLIES 22

bfast54
Explorer
Explorer
pdarby wrote:
I thought about the cooling effect. I am checking with a mechanic to see if it has adverse effect

ok I'm serious about this....
let's see we're going to put something large directly in front of the radiator and see if it adversely affects cooling........

Gee...what could Possibly go wrong here???????:h

And for good measure,to protect the Cycle ....your..going to Completly cover the cycle.....Which will block....ohhh,most all airflow..:E

So,have we giving you something to ponder here....?

I would not do it..:S
2000 Ford SuperDuty F-350 Powerstroke,Dually.C.C.,.The Tow Monster
2005 Open Road 357RLDS
Prodigy Brake Controller:B
Honda EU3000is Generator
Raytek ,,Garmin 7735/GPS
Doran Mfg-RV360-TPMS
B&W/Companion

Rally's attended so far-21

My Blog
Good Sam Member

Fred_III
Explorer
Explorer
Good point Panhead. Several of those on this forum
Here's his problem: Total posts: 17,246 (average posts per day: 5.06). A real book of knowledge.
Now there's 3 minutes of my life I'll never get back!

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
pdarby wrote:
I thought about the cooling effect. I am checking with a mechanic to see if it has adverse effect

A mechanic is only going to give you his opinion, which isn't worth much. It's really a question for the trans engineers and I'm pretty certain they would tell you not to do it if your towing heavy. (I know, another opinion but its a safe one). ๐Ÿ˜‰

pdarby
Explorer
Explorer

57_Panhead
Explorer
Explorer
donn0128 wrote:
Sure why not. No reason not to whats another 300 pounds when your already overloaded

And you know this how?

No need to comment at all if you are just going to be sarcastic and arrogant. I can never understand the need some feel to make cutting non productive comments here.

To the OP, the only concern I would have as stated above, is the effect it could have on the air flow to your radiator and tranny/oil coolers.

Steve
Retired Teamster
2012 Jayco Eagle Superlite 31.5RLTS
07 F250 PowerStroke
U Y B

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Curt front hitch on our GMC, took 30 minutes to install. We only carry two mountain bikes so no cooling issues. Just remember it adds around 18" to the front when you have the rack attached so be careful you don't love tap someone. Good luck.
2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman XC
2015 Forest River Sierra 360 PDEK
DW Diane, DS Michael, FB Draco and Sabian

poncho62
Explorer
Explorer
donn0128 wrote:
Sure why not. No reason not to whats another 300 pounds when your already overloaded

Besides that.....You need to be careful about blocking the rad causing overheating

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II