cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COACH NET SERVICE OR NOT

RVER
Explorer
Explorer
I have Coach Net for my truck and fifth wheel. Today, I started my truck, Chevy Silverado 2500 HD and it started fine but when I put it in gear it went a few feet and died, I rolled into the driveway across the street. I waited a few hours and tried again, it turns over but will not catch, plenty of gas. I called Coach Net and was told because it was not hooked up to the fifth wheel they do not cover the service of coming and towing it or helping get it started. ANYONE else been told this??? OUTRAGEOUS!!! Never was told when joining that they ONLY COVER IF YOU ARE HAVING THE PROBLEM WHILE PULLING THE FIFTH WHEEL. IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM THEN THEY WILL COVER THE FIFTH-WHEEL AND TRUCK. I called and these ASSHATS just say I am so sorry but we cannot help but we can UPGRADE you membership to cover it by adding another $53 and change. I used to like Coach-Net but NO LONGER. When my membership is expired this summer coming I will not renew wtih this people. TOTALLY DECEPTIVE, they said they covered the truck and the towed vehicle ie fifth wheel or trailer. Anyone else have bad experience with Coach-Net lately? They used to be good and I sang their praises on this site but no longer!!!!
2003 Newmar Mountain Aire Vortec engine 35ft
2002 Sunnybrook 34BWTS On site at campground as a seasonal
Chevy Silverado 2500HD with Duramax engine and Allison transmission
Pullrite Superglide Hitch, Prodigy brake controller
S and S Co-Travelers
17 REPLIES 17

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
avvidclif1 wrote:
Let's see, your truck died at home and you want an emergency road service to take it to get it fixed???? That's not what I thought Good Sam or Coachnet is for. Call your own wrecker...

Actually it is for that. IF, you bought the plan that includes that perk.

avvidclif1
Explorer
Explorer
Let's see, your truck died at home and you want an emergency road service to take it to get it fixed???? That's not what I thought Good Sam or Coachnet is for. Call your own wrecker...
Clif & Millie
2009 Ford F350 SRW CC Lariat 6.4 Diesel
2015 Heartland Cyclone HD CY3418 Toy Hauler

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
RVER wrote:
JSUM When on the phone with Coach Net they asked if I was at home as they could see where the call was coming from. She indicated that if you are in your stick home "then you must not be hooked up" and that is the requirement. They are going down hill seems to me!!. They used to be the premier service and now they are the basement service. I will check out AMA and US Rider to see what they cover and when.

at home, not hooked up? what is the big problem?
bumpy

RVER
Explorer
Explorer
JSUM When on the phone with Coach Net they asked if I was at home as they could see where the call was coming from. She indicated that if you are in your stick home "then you must not be hooked up" and that is the requirement. They are going down hill seems to me!!. They used to be the premier service and now they are the basement service. I will check out AMA and US Rider to see what they cover and when.
2003 Newmar Mountain Aire Vortec engine 35ft
2002 Sunnybrook 34BWTS On site at campground as a seasonal
Chevy Silverado 2500HD with Duramax engine and Allison transmission
Pullrite Superglide Hitch, Prodigy brake controller
S and S Co-Travelers

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
midnightsadie wrote:
you bought the cheapest plan and got what it covers. the better plan covers them all. even my daughters 6x10 trailer.

I think I will "coin" a phrase.
"you gets what you pays for"
bumpy

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
you bought the cheapest plan and got what it covers. the better plan covers them all. even my daughters 6x10 trailer.

lj2654
Explorer
Explorer
I just checked my Coach-Net coverage. I only have had the basic coverage which only covers the Motorhome. I called the number and upgraded to the Premier coverage and the policy was prorated and only cost me $23 more dollars to cover me to May 23rd, 2017. I'm glad I haven't needed it since May.
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples 40
2012 Cadillac Srx
retired AirForce 1979-1992

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
jsum wrote:
Call them back, you will probably get a different person. Tell them you and your fifth wheel are broken down. When they show up they probably won't say a thing. If t g eye do your buddy came and took the fifth wheel for you.

Yeah, lying to get service you did not pay for is always a good option. :S

jsum
Explorer
Explorer
Call them back, you will probably get a different person. Tell them you and your fifth wheel are broken down. When they show up they probably won't say a thing. If t g eye do your buddy came and took the fifth wheel for you.

jsum
Explorer
Explorer
RVER wrote:
I have Coach Net for my truck and fifth wheel. Today, I started my truck, Chevy Silverado 2500 HD and it started fine but when I put it in gear it went a few feet and died, I rolled into the driveway across the street. I waited a few hours and tried again, it turns over but will not catch, plenty of gas. I called Coach Net and was told because it was not hooked up to the fifth wheel they do not cover the service of coming and towing it or helping get it started. ANYONE else been told this??? OUTRAGEOUS!!! Never was told when joining that they ONLY COVER IF YOU ARE HAVING THE PROBLEM WHILE PULLING THE FIFTH WHEEL. IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM THEN THEY WILL COVER THE FIFTH-WHEEL AND TRUCK. I called and these ASSHATS just say I am so sorry but we cannot help but we can UPGRADE you membership to cover it by adding another $53 and change. I used to like Coach-Net but NO LONGER. When my membership is expired this summer coming I will not renew wtih this people. TOTALLY DECEPTIVE, they said they covered the truck and the towed vehicle ie fifth wheel or trailer. Anyone else have bad experience with Coach-Net lately? They used to be good and I sang their praises on this site but no longer!!!!

Sam_Spade
Explorer
Explorer
4aSong wrote:

Did you read the contract on what was/was not covered when you joined. Seems you just assumed without reading the contract on what was covered.

It is also possible that the person he spoke to did not know what they were talking about.

A second call or asking for a supervisor in that first call would be necessary to find out for sure who was operating with the wrong information.
'07 Damon Outlaw 3611
CanAm Spyder in the "trunk"

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
DownTheAvenue wrote:
This appears to be a classic example of someone not reading and understanding their coverage and just assuming they are covered for whatever situation may arise. Apparently the OP (RVER) has a basic plan that just covers the RV and any vehicle connected to it, but not any other vehicles he owns or are not connected to a towable RV. Now he is mad at his provider for not providing a service he apparently did not pay for. He really should be mad at himself for not reading and understanding his policy.

gee I have coach net but no 5er? am I totally out of luck? 🙂
bumpy

Dtank
Explorer
Explorer
Lots of folks swear by (not "at") their CN or GS ERS service.

I prefer US Rider - no you don't need to own a hay burner, or be towing a horse trailer.
It covers your tow vehicle and other vehicles - whether towing or not.

For GREAT basic service (towing is limited to 35 miles) - tough to beat the AMA!
Say what?

The American Motorcyclist Association. NO MC ownership required, and you don't need to be riding one to receive coverage.

AMA Roadside Assistance coverage includes:

Toll-free assistance available 24 hrs a day, 365 days a year, from two national call centers.

Towing for bikes, cars, pickups, motorhomes and trailers registered to you, your spouse, and dependent children under the age of 24, living at home or away at college.

Towing in all 50 states, plus Puerto Rico, Canada and the U.S. virgin Islands.

Towing for a mechanical breakdown to the nearest qualified service facility (within 35 miles), or a requested location of an equal distance.

All dispatch and hook-up fees.

Flat tire, battery and lockout assistance.

Minor roadside repairs/adjustments (excluding costs of parts, labor and repair services) to enable the vehicle to proceed safely under its own power.

Emergency fuel, oil, water and fluid delivery. Members only pay for the cost of the fuel, fluid, oil or water (if any).

No exclusions for older MCs (if you have one).

Unlimited number of service calls per year (limit of one call for each type of service within a seven day period).

AMA service pays first. No need to pay and wait for reimbursement.

And the cost? $49 per year - must be auto-deducted from your credit card.

And - they'll also send you a nice monthly magazine.

....:C

On edit: Questions? Ask either one *directly*.... as in "call 'em!

When I had Qs for US Rider, I not only received both a written and e-mail reply(ies), but also a phone call from the US Rider Director of Operations!

For the AMA - I had a question of whether they would tow a (non-commercial, "private truck") HDT.
The gal answering the phone - wasn't sure, so she gave me the number of the "parent" National Motor Club.

Both impressed me!

4aSong
Explorer
Explorer
RVER wrote:

Did you read the contract on what was/was not covered when you joined. Seems you just assumed without reading the contract on what was covered. I would believe you have the basic coverage, as my coverage covers any vehicle whether towing or not. Sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction.
M & N

Tundra TRD V8 4x4 w/Leer Shell
EU2000i * Prodigy * McKesh * Trek * Renogy * ENU