cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Correct storage for 5th wheel

Goodpete
Explorer
Explorer
ok, I had my new RV pad pored at my new house. This is the first time I have been able to look out my window and see it. Is it better to store with front jacks and wheels or should I raise rear jacks also?
7 REPLIES 7

Admin
Please do not multiple post
Post replies here.

Thanks
Admin
RV.net
Admin
RV.net

mabynack
Explorer II
Explorer II
Here in Florida I keep a dehumidifier running year round. I dump it twice a week. If I don't run the dehumidifier I get mildew all over everything.

partsman01
Explorer
Explorer
Mine is sitting with jacks down on wooden wheel blocks, landing legs on concrete blocks, this year rolled it onto two large planks so all wheels are off the ground, put my tire covers on also, then I put a proper RV cover on top, plugged unit in, blew all water lines out, then pumped pink RV anti-freeze through the system after isolating hot water tank which I had previously drained, then RV anti freeze in all traps, toilet and then put three of those smallround heaters in that have very low heat and little fans to just create some air circulation.
And I believe that is it.
Oh and a couple plug in rodent repellers.

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Didn't get enough answere Here

mpfireman
Explorer
Explorer
Park the fiver in the pole barn. place some wood under the tires, even though it on concrete, extend front jacks, plug into the shore power, and that is it. Do not worry about it being a few inches out of level, as everything is turned off. Remove ALL FOOD stuff, Cover with tarp, and see you next year. Of corse, it has been winterized.
1998.5 Dodge Ram Quad Cab Cummins
1998 Sunnybrook 27RKFS Fiver

mabynack
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've found that it's best to store it with as much weight off the tires as possible. I keep the tires covered from the sun.

larry_barnhart
Explorer
Explorer
I use the rear stabilizers and make the front landing gear for a front to back level and have plywood under the tires. doing this since 2001.

chevman
chevman
2019 rockwood 34 ft fifth wheel sold
2005 3500 2wd duramax CC dually
prodigy

KSH 55 inbed fuel tank

scanguage II
TD-EOC
Induction Overhaul Kit
TST tire monitors
FMCA # F479110