cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

crossroads elevation

roadglide3
Explorer
Explorer
Ok we have narrowed it down to 2 haulers. The small voltage or a elevation. We are looking for pros and cons for each. Thanx
2006 Chevy 2500 HD 6.0
2007 W.W. FSC 2800 Billet
2002 HD Roadglide
2006 Yamaha 660 Grizzly
7 REPLIES 7

dddtvlr
Explorer
Explorer
I purchased a 2014 3612 in october 2013 , biggest mistake I ever made . this RV has been in shop a total of about 6 months on and off for various issues, now my warranty is out , the unit is beautiful , but I only use it for work purposes, every time i get home with it , I have to put it in the shop, too many issues here to list, main issue its the living room slide has been removed several times and reset, , now i am being told the floor has to be replaced in the slide. I wonder is there some where that has a lemon law , Just venting right now ,{snip}, my next move is to trade it in and take a loss i guess, I will not purchase another crossroads product due to the responses I am getting,

Mod Edit: To stay within the forum rules I have edited the post as per forum rules, "Posts are not allowed in which a local, state, or federal consumer action board and/or legal counsel is/have been involved. This includes posts related to future, ongoing or past lawsuits."

englishmatt
Explorer
Explorer
We love the floorplan of our 3912. It's not the same as the trailer you are looking at so I can't comment on the floorplan directly.

I WILL comment on the build quality. Keep in mind, our Elevation is our first RV so we don't have any longterm experience as a comparison.

I am involved in a UTV racing series, and I have experience with several very popular brands. They all appear to have build issues. That said, I think it's a very poor show to ask the consumer to expect and accept the "You're moving a house down the road, so you should expect some issues from new...". My take on that is simply "You're building a rolling house, build it to withstand the intended use/purpose...".

We selected our Elevation because it just appeared to be a better quality than the Raptor, Road Warrior, Voltage, etc... That said, it's a relative statement and preceived quality from a quick dealer IN and OUT walk through can get you into trouble.

The things I noticed with our 3912 was that it had all the same level of appliances, entertainment equipment, home quality leather couch, fancy looking bedroom, cabintry, solid counter tops, resilient flooring, home quality fittings and fixtures etc...as ALL the other expensive Toy Haulers out there. We based our purchasing decision on Floorplan and a few other personal use case qualifiers.

The challenge is with the word "quality". It's the things you can't see that can bite you in the ass. We purchased our unit in November 2013. It's now 10 months later and the unit has been in the dealer for more than 50% of it's life. WE have had very serious quality issues to a laundry list of minor issues that needd fixing. I'll try to list them...

MINOR ISSUES (just about all brands have complaints on just about all forums with these issues:
1.) TV's not all being hooked up. Could only get a pin on the living room TV

2.) Various exterior running lights burning out due to corrosion in the lamp recepticle(s). This included the PORCH lights and SECURITY lights.

3.) Missing TV remote(s)

4.) External decals peeling off

5.) 2nd Grey Tank water leak (external thank god)

6.) Bedroom slide buld seal needed to be replaced as the schwintek motor ate it.

7.) 2nd Grey Tank Pull Valve handle mount snapped off and needed to get resecured to the chassis

8.) Both large speakers in the garage section riped off the walls on our first trip. After review, only 1 of the required 4 screws were used to hold the speakers to the wall.

9.) Remote control for the slideouts worked intermitently.

10.) Stock Battery is shot. Has been replaced and is shot again. Once the battery disconnect is engaged, there is no parasitic drawer, it's just a sh%^y battery.

11.) Various peices of external trim coming loose and required resealing and readhesion to the body.

12.) DVD player stopped working, needed a new one.

13.) Main awning LED stip burned out. Needed new strip.

14.) Various interior pieces of trim coming loose that needed reattaching.

15.)

MAJOR ISSUES
1.) Roof membrane ripped back from the front to the 1st AC unit. Required a brand new rook membrane. Turned out not nearly enough glue was used and it was a matter of time.

2.) Black Tank Flush valve was installed BACKWARDS and the line was way too long and kinked. This ia a MAJOR deal for me since I think the Black Tank Flush is a big deal.

3.) Heat ducting was way too long and crushed throughout the unit. Dealer had to cut open the one piece sealed bottom (so no longer one-piece)and chop almost 50% of the ducting work out to get air flowing to the vents.

4.) Main Area AC unit freeze control failing. This resulted in the AC failing to keep the RV cool and resulted in lots of water all over the cieling from a thawing out iced up AC unit

5.) One of the main slide rollers broke with resulted in the main slide going off kilter and destroying the linoleum flooring when the slide was retracted. A 100% new floor is being laid as we speak, but to do this the main slide has to come out, the kitchen island comes out...etc...so who knows what repurcussions we will have after this.

6.) Front Right Landing Gear motor assembly came loose and made a heck of a noise when under stress/lifting the unit. Thank god it didn't come totally off and drop the RV.

All that said, we've taken one family trip. But again, and I do mean this seriously, the MINOR issues appear to all be common place in the RV industry these days will just about any/all brands affected.

It's sad really. Just be handy with a screwdriver and prepared to use it.

roadglide3
Explorer
Explorer
englishmatt wrote:
roadglide3 wrote:
Ok we have narrowed it down to 2 haulers. The small voltage or a elevation. We are looking for pros and cons for each. Thanx

I have a 2013 Elevation 3912. What floorplan are you considering?

We are looking at the voltage 3305 or crossroads tf-36sw
2006 Chevy 2500 HD 6.0
2007 W.W. FSC 2800 Billet
2002 HD Roadglide
2006 Yamaha 660 Grizzly

AMG63
Explorer
Explorer
Have you looked at Gold Rush? They are manufactured pretty close to you in Denver PA. It is a trailer that will last the rest of your life!

englishmatt
Explorer
Explorer
roadglide3 wrote:

I have a 2013 Elevation 3912. What floorplan are you considering?

Floowid
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Crossroads. I would not recommend them to anyone. They have a quality control problem. It might be luck of the draw, but I didn't luck out. We looked at a few Voltage V-Series 5th wheels, they seemed nice, but I can't speak from the perspective of owning one.

Steve76eb
Explorer
Explorer
Pick the one with the floor plan you like and the features you want. They are like any other trailer and will have their issues. Hopefully they are small ones and not large.I have personally seen and read about problems with both those brands.