cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Designer 35RLTS and Jayco Talk...Thanks Frank!!

sanderson_66
Explorer
Explorer
Since there does not currently seem to be a Jayco owners forum, Moderator Frank has graciously allowed this thread. It will be for discussing Jayco related questions and comments. Anything not Jayco related will be deleted. Sounds more than fair to me. Thank-you Frank!
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie, CTD 6.7, 6 speed auto,DRW,QC,LB,4X4
2008 Jayco Designer 35RLTS
1,450 REPLIES 1,450

cruz
Explorer
Explorer
BC. CANUCK wrote:
Picking up my new 35RLTS within two weeks in Ellensburg WA. I had a 2005 RLTS and loved it then we got a 2007 Day Dreamer and have just sold it. Hope the new one will perform like my '05.

CONGRATS !!

We Love Ours !!

CRUZ
HR & Beth

2006 Chevy Silverado LT3 3500HD, DRW, D/A, CC, LB, 4x4 and RED
Cassie - pure Black Giant Schnauzer
Mollie - pure White Mini Schnauzer (the boss)

BC__CANUCK
Explorer
Explorer
Picking up my new 35RLTS within two weeks in Ellensburg WA. I had a 2005 RLTS and loved it then we got a 2007 Day Dreamer and have just sold it. Hope the new one will perform like my '05.
2011 FORD F350 KING RANCH DIESEL SRW
2012 JAYCO 36 REQS PINNACLE 2003 HONDA ST/A 1300
1999 CAMARO SS CONVERTIBLE

CHV_FRK
Explorer
Explorer
ahagen wrote:
To prevent them from freezing i simply teed off of one furnace ducts to a 2" line and drilled a hole through the floor by the h2o tank for it to blow down into.

I suppose our issue is that we don't fulltime and will be driving more before we get set up. Is there any way that you could get a few pics to show us where you ran the duct? I'm just curious where you cut through the floor. Thanks
Dana and Natalie

2018 Chevy Silverado 3500HD High Country DRW CC LB 4x4
-60 Aux Tank/Toolbox, Line-X, Full Tint, AirSafe 25K Hitch

2018 Jayco Seismic 4113, 45'7", 17,800lbs w/o the Toys.

L_MMusic
Explorer
Explorer
We also would hate to be without the king-sized bed. I'll never forget the first time I lay on one and realized my feet weren't hanging over the end -- I felt like I was floating!!!

Dave -- let me know what your dealer says about that squeak -- sounds like it's in the same spot. I can feel the plywood coming up there. I sure don't want to put it in the shop for a few days. If it's just a squeak, I can live with it. If it's more than that...well, we'll see.

The fireplace has finally completely stopped lighting. For the last year, it's been tempermental. Sometimes (and always when it's in the shop and I ask them to look at it) it turns on fine. Other times, it's not turned on for a couple clicks and then did. No tech would look at it if it worked when they turned it on! Hoping to get it replaced in a couple weeks. Meantime -- furnace.
Melissa
Husband Larry
Cocker Spaniel Henry
2008 F-350 Dually Short Bed
Reese 16K Hitch w/ Kwik Slide

Whatever you can do, or DREAM you can, BEGIN it. BOLDNESS has genius, power and MAGIC in it. (Goethe)

ahagen
Explorer
Explorer
About the tank heaters. ive been fulltiming in my RLTS for a year and a half by Edmonton Alberta Canada. We had a few days last winter that hit 45 below and never froze a thing. The tanks only have some double bubble silver insulation between them and the blank plastic outer cover. To prevent them from freezing i simply teed off of one furnace ducts to a 2" line and drilled a hole through the floor by the h2o tank for it to blow down into.

CHV_FRK
Explorer
Explorer
Wow...We couldn't give up the king bed. We don't mind opening it when stopped. I usually jack knife the truck back a little to shield the slide. We also added reflective strips to the slides.
Dana and Natalie

loydt
Explorer
Explorer
I did the same thing to my bed, but it still lifts up when bringing the slide in.
2021 Jayco Seismic 4212 (on order)
2021 Jayco White Hawk 32BH
2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4x4 CC Cummins/Aisin Laramie Longhorn

whporwil
Explorer
Explorer
I did something different this week. We took out the king bed and went with a queen. We have a 2008 RLSA and I can't believe the room we gained around the bed. I cut 5 1/2 inches off both sides and 4 1/2 off the back. The best part is we can now use our bed without opening the side, because it stay's flat a feature I like on the new ones.

CHV_FRK
Explorer
Explorer
Definately be careful on the way home. Nice to see that I'm not the only crazy one sometimes out there. I take what I can get.

I'd be curious to hear what your water heater issue turns out to be. That seem like an odd occurance.

A question I have for you guys is tank heaters. Do any of you have them? I don't think they were an option. Have you had the dealer install them or did you do it yourself, and if you did, how is access to our tanks? I've been curious about the tank shield, if that's what it is. What's in between it and the tank?. Any info would be great.
Dana and Natalie

2QAYL
Explorer
Explorer
We've got a squeak just in front of the pull-out cabinet in the kitchen. I'll report it to our dealer when we get home but I think that, if it is a major repair, I may just leave it for now.

We're on our second to last day of our retirement vacation and are currently in Miles City, Montana. Snow last night and very slippery highway conditions early delayed our departure from Billings this morning but by noon the road was good, thanks to prompt work by highways crews. It's still cold and dropping to 18F tonight but the forecast is pretty good for our last home leg tomorrow.

We had a wonderful trip to the Oregon Coast but couldn't believe the number of people rv'ing this late in the season, not to mention those in tents and yurts. On many previous trips to the coast we had never seen anything like it. Other travelers reported that they were also amazed. Also many rv's on I-90 yesterday.

Except for a minor problem with the waterheater not holding temperature when using gas plus electricity for water heating (worked fine on straight electric) we've had no problems on this 6-week trip.

Cheers,

Dave
Dave & Jan
2005 Dodge 3500 SLT, LB, 2WD, DRW, NV5600 6-speed, 3.73 gears, Jacobs Exhaust Brake, BD X-Monitor for Boost & EGT, AFE System 2 Intake and Cat-Back Exhaust, Lund Boards and Flaps, & Tonneau Cover.

mwebber78
Explorer
Explorer
On many brands the duct is 3 sided. It was that way on our Sunnybrook and now our Cruiser.
2013 Jayco Eagle 334RBTS
Disclaimer for the daft: Don't confuse my opinion with facts.

CHV_FRK
Explorer
Explorer
Out of curiousity, is it over the duct run? That would also make it inaccessible from underneath? I assume the duct is solid, not 3 sides attached up to the floor to complete the duct. I haven't stuck my hand down there.

What I thought I would end up doing is pulling the carpet. Routering or morticing out a strip to attach a strip of metal with small screws on either side. If the seam is on the duct you could also try to get some adhesive between the panels.

For us the main floor does not have any creeks yet, just the stairs.
Dana and Natalie

loydt
Explorer
Explorer
I guess if it bothers me enough I will get the factory to repair it. As for now, I dont even pay much attention to it really?

L_MMusic
Explorer
Explorer
Loyd,

What are you thinking about doing about it? I also noticed a squeak in the living area after CHV_FRKS post! Is this to be expected? Are there options as far as types of flooring that wouldn't require uplifting the whole piece (carpet or linoleum?)
Melissa
Husband Larry
Cocker Spaniel Henry
2008 F-350 Dually Short Bed
Reese 16K Hitch w/ Kwik Slide

Whatever you can do, or DREAM you can, BEGIN it. BOLDNESS has genius, power and MAGIC in it. (Goethe)

loydt
Explorer
Explorer
I have the floor creak. It is dead center in my kitchen area, in a few diff places actually.