cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Designer 35RLTS and Jayco Talk...Thanks Frank!!

sanderson_66
Explorer
Explorer
Since there does not currently seem to be a Jayco owners forum, Moderator Frank has graciously allowed this thread. It will be for discussing Jayco related questions and comments. Anything not Jayco related will be deleted. Sounds more than fair to me. Thank-you Frank!
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie, CTD 6.7, 6 speed auto,DRW,QC,LB,4X4
2008 Jayco Designer 35RLTS
1,450 REPLIES 1,450

cruz
Explorer
Explorer
Right now we're calling this RV Park home for the next several months. Still need to work, so retirement isn't in the near future anyway ... but we're looking into possibly buying a park ourselves. We'll see how that works out !?!?

DW commented at least we don't have to pack the trailer now when we want to travel !! :B

CRUZ
HR & Beth

2006 Chevy Silverado LT3 3500HD, DRW, D/A, CC, LB, 4x4 and RED
Cassie - pure Black Giant Schnauzer
Mollie - pure White Mini Schnauzer (the boss)

L_MMusic
Explorer
Explorer
Yay Cruz!!!! Congrats! Glad you also found a nice place to camp for awhile.

Anybody planning on going to the Escapees 50th Anniversary Rally in Goshen, IN Sept. 12 - 17? We'll be there, probably starting the 10th.
Melissa
Husband Larry
Cocker Spaniel Henry
2008 F-350 Dually Short Bed
Reese 16K Hitch w/ Kwik Slide

Whatever you can do, or DREAM you can, BEGIN it. BOLDNESS has genius, power and MAGIC in it. (Goethe)

M_GO_BLUE1
Explorer
Explorer
As to those talking here about the wife liking the colors in your Designer BE FOREWARNED that will lead to problems from thw wife...my wife found our dishes did not match the color we picked out so we had to but new dishes...then silverware...blankets...sheets...glasses...pillows..pots/pans...NEED I CONTINUE? ๐Ÿ™‚

...and congrats CRUZ on the house finally closing!

2005 Chevy Silverado 3500 dually CC/LB Duramax/Allison

2008 Jayco Designer 35RLTS fifth wheel

Onan 5500W Marquis Gold gas generator (HGJAB - 1038D)

sirdrakejr
Explorer
Explorer
SO then after the question, "Now what?" What was the answer? Good for you two.
Frank
2011 Palomino Maverick 1000SLLB on a 2004 Dodge Quadcab CTD Ram3500 SRW long bed equipped with Timbren springs, Stable Load bump stops, Rickson 19.5" wheels/"G" range tires and a Helwig "Big Wig" rear anti sway bar.

petekerwien
Explorer
Explorer
Cruz great news! I think. Is it? Selling a house in this climate is a real challenge. We sold ours last Spring and are now renting

Don: Please don't let my wife hear about new colors. After looking at..what? a hundred 5W's? We finally bought a Jayco Designer and she likes the colors (fingers crossed) But we haven't taken it anywhere yet, (Stored at the dealer for the winter), so she has no time in it yet. Give her time I guess.:p

double_clutch
Explorer
Explorer
:B

That is very good news. doing something like that is pretty stressful.
Now what? do you have any trips planned

Just a couple more months working for me than done working.
Penni and I picked up our new 35 rlts and drove straight to storage.
We found a farmer not to far away that has a huge shed covered and concrete floor and I can put power on the rig. Their was a problem in transit and the TV fell off the mount. Jayco is replacing it. I can't believe that my camping has regressed so far that I now have a TV along i have made a few trips taking stuff from the old class a and new stuff that the wife says we need for the new rig and starting to pack it. amazing that we need new colors because the old stuff didn't match LOL

Any way GL
Don
Don and Penni and our dog Darby
2004 Dodge 3500
2010 Jayco Designer 35 RLTS

cruz
Explorer
Explorer
House closed today!!! My DW and I look at each other and said ... "Now what" ?? :h

CRUZ
HR & Beth

cruz
Explorer
Explorer
Well, we've been living in this thing for over a month now, and we both are absolutely lovin' it !! Have had temps down as low as 12 degrees with no troubles at all! Wrapped the water hose in foil and a heat cable, then in pipe insulation. Today it's 58 and sunney !
Love the park and the people in it ... so looks like we're here for the next several months anyway.

That's the good news ... The bad news is the house still hasn't closed .. :M

CRUZ
HR & Beth

double_clutch
Explorer
Explorer
A meeting might be possible if early in the spring We are planning to spend the winter somewhere in the Southwest next winter. Penni and I used to be home by April Grass is growing and fish are biting in April

gl
don
Don and Penni and our dog Darby
2004 Dodge 3500
2010 Jayco Designer 35 RLTS

M_GO_BLUE1
Explorer
Explorer
Hey we're up for Arizona too but there's thus little problem with us called work as they still want us to show up every day?

Hey what's a 2500 mile ride these days? ๐Ÿ™‚

Retirement can't come soon enough for us or at least I can dream about that right now...

L_MMusic
Explorer
Explorer
We like Arizona for April 2011!
Melissa
Husband Larry
Cocker Spaniel Henry
2008 F-350 Dually Short Bed
Reese 16K Hitch w/ Kwik Slide

Whatever you can do, or DREAM you can, BEGIN it. BOLDNESS has genius, power and MAGIC in it. (Goethe)

eaherrmann
Explorer
Explorer
We're in When and where? Can it PLEASE be somewhere warm. ๐Ÿ™‚ Arizona sounds good, kid is at Ft Hachucha so we can visit him.
Ed & Elizabeth
Copper
2007 Dodge Ram 3500,QC,LB,DRW,4x4 w/6.7 CTD (BlueTec), 6 speed auto, Factory Exhaust Brake
B&W companion hitch over sprayed in liner
2008 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Onan 5500, Polar Barrier
Army/Navy retired

M_GO_BLUE1
Explorer
Explorer
2QAYL wrote:
We're in for a gathering...just name the place and time; actually northern Arizona or New Mexico sound pretty good to me.

M GO Blue our plans for 2010 include an August/September trip to the Atlantic provinces probably much of it in the company of my cousin from the Seattle area and her husband. We'll travel one way (eastbound probably) via the Trans Canada Highway, the return trip through the northern United States. I'd like to plan for a stop in your area to meet you. Our plans are really vague at this time but as the time gets closer and the planning further along, I'll be in touch by PM.

We've spent quite a bit of time lately getting ready for our January trip to Mesa and getting a small mountain of stuff into the trailer in anticipation of leaving right after the new year. Jan's looking forward to doing a lot of quilting and I've got a bunch of R/C airplanes and helicopters to build and fly. It's really amazing how much you can get into the storage areas of these trailers.

Merry Christmas to all.

Dave

Dave,

Just let me know and we'll meet somewhere...have a safe trip to AZ!

loydt
Explorer
Explorer
You guys need to come down to the southeast. Much better weather here!! Hee hee!
2021 Jayco Seismic 4212 (on order)
2021 Jayco White Hawk 32BH
2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4x4 CC Cummins/Aisin Laramie Longhorn

2QAYL
Explorer
Explorer
We're in for a gathering...just name the place and time; actually northern Arizona or New Mexico sound pretty good to me.

M GO Blue our plans for 2010 include an August/September trip to the Atlantic provinces probably much of it in the company of my cousin from the Seattle area and her husband. We'll travel one way (eastbound probably) via the Trans Canada Highway, the return trip through the northern United States. I'd like to plan for a stop in your area to meet you. Our plans are really vague at this time but as the time gets closer and the planning further along, I'll be in touch by PM.

We've spent quite a bit of time lately getting ready for our January trip to Mesa and getting a small mountain of stuff into the trailer in anticipation of leaving right after the new year. Jan's looking forward to doing a lot of quilting and I've got a bunch of R/C airplanes and helicopters to build and fly. It's really amazing how much you can get into the storage areas of these trailers.

Merry Christmas to all.

Dave
Dave & Jan
2005 Dodge 3500 SLT, LB, 2WD, DRW, NV5600 6-speed, 3.73 gears, Jacobs Exhaust Brake, BD X-Monitor for Boost & EGT, AFE System 2 Intake and Cat-Back Exhaust, Lund Boards and Flaps, & Tonneau Cover.