cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Designer 35RLTS and Jayco Talk...Thanks Frank!!

sanderson_66
Explorer
Explorer
Since there does not currently seem to be a Jayco owners forum, Moderator Frank has graciously allowed this thread. It will be for discussing Jayco related questions and comments. Anything not Jayco related will be deleted. Sounds more than fair to me. Thank-you Frank!
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie, CTD 6.7, 6 speed auto,DRW,QC,LB,4X4
2008 Jayco Designer 35RLTS
1,450 REPLIES 1,450

M_GO_BLUE1
Explorer
Explorer
loydt wrote:
^we just removed it. we have a large cutting block that sits on top of the stove top. To keep it from sliding off we put a piece of thet rubber type shelf liner under it. Works great.

That's an idea Loyd...thanks! I'll suggest this option to the wife...

Waiting to hear what Jayco says then will suggest the cutting board idea...all depends what Jayco wants for something like that to be made...

2005 Chevy Silverado 3500 dually CC/LB Duramax/Allison

2008 Jayco Designer 35RLTS fifth wheel

Onan 5500W Marquis Gold gas generator (HGJAB - 1038D)

loydt
Explorer
Explorer
^we just removed it. we have a large cutting block that sits on top of the stove top. To keep it from sliding off we put a piece of thet rubber type shelf liner under it. Works great.
2021 Jayco Seismic 4212 (on order)
2021 Jayco White Hawk 32BH
2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4x4 CC Cummins/Aisin Laramie Longhorn

M_GO_BLUE1
Explorer
Explorer
Ok folks...contacted Jayco after seeing the 2010 version of the 35RLTS...

Asking Jayco if it is possible to buy a new folding cover (the one that folds over the burners on the stove)...would like to get a folding cover made that is of the same material as our countertops (can only look better than that dull looking black metal folding cover)...

petekerwien
Explorer
Explorer
Just Camping- great news, show us some pictures.

Just_campin
Explorer
Explorer
Well, I joined the Designer club, I got a 2010 Designer 35rlts from RV Direct, picked it up in Des Moines,two weeks ago , took it out to Stillwater OK. last week no problems
2010 Jayco Designer 35rlts
MorRyde hitch and suspension
2003 Dodge 3500 6 speed, exhaust brake
Curt Q5 20k Hitch

2QAYL
Explorer
Explorer
cruz wrote:
Tried beach balls and they worked pretty good for the flapping ... but lost 2 of them when they blew away in some really heavy wind.
CRUZ

Not to be critical of the beach ball idea but it does seem to me that the time one might want them the most would be in a really heavy wind!

On the other hand it doesn't sound to me like CRUZ's system would be much fun at the beach. Struts for the drawbridge across the sandcastle moat maybe??:B:B:B I think I'd sooner have the ball.

Cheers,

Dave
Dave & Jan
2005 Dodge 3500 SLT, LB, 2WD, DRW, NV5600 6-speed, 3.73 gears, Jacobs Exhaust Brake, BD X-Monitor for Boost & EGT, AFE System 2 Intake and Cat-Back Exhaust, Lund Boards and Flaps, & Tonneau Cover.

cruz
Explorer
Explorer
Tried beach balls and they worked pretty good for the flapping ... but lost 2 of them when they blew away in some really heavy wind. Didn't do anything for preventing the pooling of water in the middle though.
The PVC I can slide into place from one end, and remove from one end. I plan on adding a tether strap from one end to the other, just in case they come apart while I'm trying to pull them out. (hasn't happened ... YET !)

CRUZ
HR & Beth

2006 Chevy Silverado LT3 3500HD, DRW, D/A, CC, LB, 4x4 and RED
Cassie - pure Black Giant Schnauzer
Mollie - pure White Mini Schnauzer (the boss)

L_MMusic
Explorer
Explorer
Cruz -- did you ever try the beach balls? Is your PVC contraption easier to handle?
Melissa
Husband Larry
Cocker Spaniel Henry
2008 F-350 Dually Short Bed
Reese 16K Hitch w/ Kwik Slide

Whatever you can do, or DREAM you can, BEGIN it. BOLDNESS has genius, power and MAGIC in it. (Goethe)

eaherrmann
Explorer
Explorer
L&MMusic wrote:
Do you guys do anything to keep the slide toppers from flapping? The wind down here in TX is horrendous!

When we were down in Miami we used partially blown-up beach balls from the dollar store. 2 each in the large slides and one in the bedroom slide. Pain to get them in place (up on the roof with a broom) but they worked. We tried a rope over the top and that worked at first, till a strong breeze forced the pooled water to vacate on the DW as she was entering the trailer, and she BLAMED me :h?? Going to try tightening the take up this spring, there has to be a better way.

now everybody now
no no no, we don't want no snow....I'm tired of shovelin all day
no thank you please, it only makes me sneeze...................:)
Ed & Elizabeth
Copper
2007 Dodge Ram 3500,QC,LB,DRW,4x4 w/6.7 CTD (BlueTec), 6 speed auto, Factory Exhaust Brake
B&W companion hitch over sprayed in liner
2008 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Onan 5500, Polar Barrier
Army/Navy retired

L_MMusic
Explorer
Explorer
Hmmmm...veeerrrry interesting, Cruz. I should've thought of that -- sounds like how I have our backdrop rigged. I'll propose it to the DH!
Melissa
Husband Larry
Cocker Spaniel Henry

Whatever you can do, or DREAM you can, BEGIN it. BOLDNESS has genius, power and MAGIC in it. (Goethe)

cruz
Explorer
Explorer
L&MMusic wrote:
Do you guys do anything to keep the slide toppers from flapping? The wind down here in TX is horrendous!

I built some framework out of 3/4" PVC, that slides in between the top of the slidout and the awning itself.
For the 2 long slides I have three 5' sections that connect together with "T" couplers, and have "feet" at both ends, and every 5', that connect to the same "T" coupler. It's about 6" tall total.
For the small bedroom slide I made two 3' sections, also with feet at both ends and 1 in the middle.
Initially I built these to prevent water from pooling, and it worked well (until it SNOWED !!!) It also substantially decreases the "flapping"! (While not completely, it's considerably better than without!)
I plan on extending both ends of the longer ones about 18" ... this should reduce what's left of the flapping a little more.

This framework is not glued together, so the pieces come apart for easy storage.

CRUZ
HR & Beth

2006 Chevy Silverado LT3 3500HD, DRW, D/A, CC, LB, 4x4 and RED
Cassie - pure Black Giant Schnauzer
Mollie - pure White Mini Schnauzer (the boss)

mwebber78
Explorer
Explorer
The R-factor of the walls in the Superlites is R7, roof is R7 and floor is R9. In terms of a mid-profile trailer that is pretty darn low compared to similar weight (and priced) units out there. Most other brands have double and in some cases triple that R-factor for unit.

If you are planning on using this unit outside of recreational summer uses you may want to consider the full-line Eagle.
2013 Jayco Eagle 334RBTS
Disclaimer for the daft: Don't confuse my opinion with facts.

klr650goldwing
Explorer
Explorer
We are looking at purchasing a Jayco Eagle Super Lite model 31.5RLDS. The R-factor in the walls is only R-5. Does that mean we will freeze if the temp. gets below 50? Thanks for your input.
2014 Grand Design Solitude 369RL
2017 F350 6.7 DRW CC LB 4X4
2012 Mercedes E550
2010 Honda Civic
2009 Saab 93 Aero Convertible
2004 Honda Goldwing GL1800
2004 Kawasaki KLR650
1966 Honda 305 Dream

M_GO_BLUE1
Explorer
Explorer
L&MMusic wrote:

If you figure out a way let me know...

L_MMusic
Explorer
Explorer
Melissa
Husband Larry
Cocker Spaniel Henry