cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Designer 35RLTS and Jayco Talk...Thanks Frank!!

sanderson_66
Explorer
Explorer
Since there does not currently seem to be a Jayco owners forum, Moderator Frank has graciously allowed this thread. It will be for discussing Jayco related questions and comments. Anything not Jayco related will be deleted. Sounds more than fair to me. Thank-you Frank!
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie, CTD 6.7, 6 speed auto,DRW,QC,LB,4X4
2008 Jayco Designer 35RLTS
1,450 REPLIES 1,450

eaherrmann
Explorer
Explorer
OK, who did we pass today on RT17 southbound just south of Frederickburg Va around 4pm?? nice setup, cept for the chevy pulling it I'd say I was looking in a mirror
Ed & Elizabeth
Copper
2007 Dodge Ram 3500,QC,LB,DRW,4x4 w/6.7 CTD (BlueTec), 6 speed auto, Factory Exhaust Brake
B&W companion hitch over sprayed in liner
2008 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Onan 5500, Polar Barrier
Army/Navy retired

CHV_FRK
Explorer
Explorer
There are two 8-10 gauge wires that have crimped terminals on each end that are for a second battery, but the 16-18 gauge wires continue up into the structure. Those are for solar.
Dana and Natalie

2018 Chevy Silverado 3500HD High Country DRW CC LB 4x4
-60 Aux Tank/Toolbox, Line-X, Full Tint, AirSafe 25K Hitch

2018 Jayco Seismic 4113, 45'7", 17,800lbs w/o the Toys.

texasjayco
Explorer
Explorer
brianreed0715 wrote:
Its been a while since I've posted... spending more time working than RV'ing... Unfortunately. Anyway. do any of you know why there is 2 extra wires in the battery compartment that is not hooked up. If I can recall, they are about 16-18 gauge wires one is black and white and the other is red and white. Any ideas?

I was told they are for installing a second battery.

Mark
2022 Jayco Pinnacle 32RLTS
2022 Ford F-450 Limited Diesel Dually

chase107
Explorer
Explorer
loydt wrote:
Yes, the Designer is going away and they are making a higher end 5th wheel in its place. Can't remember the name, though?

Pinnacle

eaherrmann
Explorer
Explorer
Bummer, I may have found something made in china on our awesome 5vr.
Went out to start springerizing and noticed that the front decal is peeling off from the top down. It appears the snow sliding off of the front cap stuck on the edges and peeled the decals back. Guess I'll call tech support for guidance. Anyone else have any peeling?
Ed & Elizabeth
Copper
2007 Dodge Ram 3500,QC,LB,DRW,4x4 w/6.7 CTD (BlueTec), 6 speed auto, Factory Exhaust Brake
Army/Navy retired

cruz
Explorer
Explorer
Re; Roof Top Satellite location ... on our 2008 35RLTS, there's a white plug in the ceiling just above the small return of the "L" couch. I was told that is where the roof top satellite wiring is located ...

CRUZ
HR & Beth

2006 Chevy Silverado LT3 3500HD, DRW, D/A, CC, LB, 4x4 and RED
2008 Jayco Designer 35RLTS
Cassie - pure Black Giant Schnauzer
Mollie - pure White Mini Schnauzer (the boss)

M_GO_BLUE1
Explorer
Explorer
CHV_FRK wrote:
M GO BLUE wrote:

Just thinking out loud...I would assume those solar wires in the battery box the logical place for those to terminate up top may be in and around the roof vent in the bedroom since that is already prewired for a second AC and/or a Fantastic Fan...

I've also wondered about the satelite prep...

On mine I know outside right below wheren I plug in my cable TV cable there is also a "plug" to plug in a portable satellite dish that you set outside...then inside you would plug your satellite receiver into the staellite "plug" which should be right next to where the TV cables are hokked up (in my case they wwere located behind the DVD player)...

As for a satellite on top of the roof not to sure about that...

2005 Chevy Silverado 3500 dually CC/LB Duramax/Allison

2008 Jayco Designer 35RLTS fifth wheel

Onan 5500W Marquis Gold gas generator (HGJAB - 1038D)

CHV_FRK
Explorer
Explorer
M GO BLUE wrote:

Just thinking out loud...I would assume those solar wires in the battery box the logical place for those to terminate up top may be in and around the roof vent in the bedroom since that is already prewired for a second AC and/or a Fantastic Fan...

I've also wondered about the satelite prep...
Dana and Natalie

M_GO_BLUE1
Explorer
Explorer
CHV_FRK wrote:
Those wires are the pre wiring for solar. Not sure where they terminate up top though. They should have a little sticker label on them somewhere.

No pink stuff in our for a month. We're looking forward to our next weekend getaway in mid-april if we can wait that long.

Just a quick question for anyone here: Have you gotten any better technical skematics of your unit from Jayco? Layouts of the mechanicals or electrical? Just curious.

Dana

CHV_FRK
Explorer
Explorer
Those wires are the pre wiring for solar. Not sure where they terminate up top though. They should have a little sticker label on them somewhere.

No pink stuff in our for a month. We're looking forward to our next weekend getaway in mid-april if we can wait that long.

Just a quick question for anyone here: Have you gotten any better technical skematics of your unit from Jayco? Layouts of the mechanicals or electrical? Just curious.

Dana
Dana and Natalie

brianreed0715
Explorer
Explorer
Its been a while since I've posted... spending more time working than RV'ing... Unfortunately. Anyway. do any of you know why there is 2 extra wires in the battery compartment that is not hooked up. If I can recall, they are about 16-18 gauge wires one is black and white and the other is red and white. Any ideas?

M_GO_BLUE1
Explorer
Explorer
I wish it was time to drain that pink stuff...every time we think it is getting closer Mother Nature has other ideas...

petekerwien
Explorer
Explorer
I went from a truck camper (9.5feet) to a Designer 37-foot and had a contractor widen my driveway. He asked me, " what did you buy?" I told him a designer, he said, "I got the same one."

Okay I said, I'm not paying you for the job until you bring your rig into my driveway around the barn and back out again.

Guess what? Today He did it, so I guess now I have to pay him huh?

eaherrmann
Explorer
Explorer
Almost time to drain the "pink stuff" ๐Ÿ™‚
Ed & Elizabeth
Copper
Army/Navy retired

double_clutch
Explorer
Explorer
for my information and yours hooked up today and measured my length. From front bumper to bike rack 56 ft

don
Don and Penni and our dog Darby
2004 Dodge 3500
2010 Jayco Designer 35 RLTS