cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Designer 35RLTS and Jayco Talk...Thanks Frank!!

sanderson_66
Explorer
Explorer
Since there does not currently seem to be a Jayco owners forum, Moderator Frank has graciously allowed this thread. It will be for discussing Jayco related questions and comments. Anything not Jayco related will be deleted. Sounds more than fair to me. Thank-you Frank!
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie, CTD 6.7, 6 speed auto,DRW,QC,LB,4X4
2008 Jayco Designer 35RLTS
1,450 REPLIES 1,450

L_MMusic
Explorer
Explorer
Kayak30336 -- We didn't get ours taken care of yet. We have an appointment scheduled for May and will get it done then.

Has anyone else experienced vertical separation in the front end when hooked up to the truck? I think something's broken in there. ๐Ÿ˜ž

We're also looking at replacing the Apollo convection/microwave. Has anyone else done this? Found any that fit other than another Apollo?
Melissa
Husband Larry
Cocker Spaniel Henry
2008 F-350 Dually Short Bed
Reese 16K Hitch w/ Kwik Slide

Whatever you can do, or DREAM you can, BEGIN it. BOLDNESS has genius, power and MAGIC in it. (Goethe)

Kayak30336
Explorer
Explorer
I had the transfer switch replaced at my Jayco Dealer. When plugged into shore power it hums pretty loud. You can hear it everywhere inside the coach, and outside too. Has anyone else had this problem?

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
Hoops wrote:
What happened to Frank? I don't on other threads much, did I miss something?

Frank passed away in September.

From Administrator, "DianneOK" -

Thread: "RIP Frank Drake"

Hoops
Explorer
Explorer
What happened to Frank? I don't on other threads much, did I miss something?
The Hoops. ED and Becky
Missy our little Bichon
2004 F350 V10
2005 Jayco Legacy 38RDQS

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
eaherrmann wrote:

. . . . . . Thank You to all of our veterans.

This "Jayco Talk" thread also deserves continued Thanks to "Veteran Moderator" Frank (RIP) for originally allowing this thread to continue!

The thread name is a tribute! Thanks Frank!

eaherrmann
Explorer
Explorer
We contacted JAYCO about the transfer switch recall and they told us any major service center can do the recall. Now if we can get some one to do it. We're getting allot of "we don't do recalls for JAYCO" guess ther's no money in it. It's a shame, it's getting close to "upgrade" time. Guess we'll travel 200 miles to the nearest JAYCO dealer.

Side note, Hope everyone has been well and Thank You to all of our veterans.

Be safe and start stockpiling.;)
Ed & Elizabeth
Copper
2007 Dodge Ram 3500,QC,LB,DRW,4x4 w/6.7 CTD (BlueTec), 6 speed auto, Factory Exhaust Brake
B&W companion hitch over sprayed in liner
2008 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Onan 5500, Polar Barrier
Army/Navy retired

Rob_Fla
Explorer
Explorer
The transfer switch is located in the same place on the Designer and the Pinncale.
It is behind the storage area panel that is next to the steps that go up to the bathroom / bedroom area.
If you remove the right side rear storage bay panel, you will see the transfer switch box mounted on a board.
Our Pinnacle has the new supplier / design transfer switch that is not on the recall. I removed the panel and checked it to be sure.
The transfer switch is only on units that are factory Generator Preped.
The transfer switch is basicly two large contactors that when there is a loss of utility power, the transfer switch transfers the coach power from the utility service power cord to the Generator power.

Below is a picture of my Pinnacle's transfer switch, notice to the left of the 1st picture is the backside of the steps going up to the bathroom / bedroom area.

The transfer switch's job is so the coach can only recieve power from one power source and the generator power can never be connected to the utility power source.
The block you see in the second picture between the two contactors is a interlock that allows only one contactor to be active at any given time.
Notice on the second picture the wires on top that connect the two contactors together, this is the coach power.
One set of the wires on the bottom go to the generator and the other side wires go to the shore power plug for the utility power cable.

2014 Redwood 38FL
2018 RAM 3500 DRW

Rough2000
Explorer
Explorer
L&MMusic wrote:
Rough 2000 -- I have no idea! LOL Call 'em up an let us know! ๐Ÿ˜‰

LOL...I was feeling real stupid thinking I was the only one that didn't know where or how this transfer switch worked. They are closed now, I may try to give them a call tomorrow. Thanks though for the heads up.

Did some checking on a couple of other sites, it appears that you will only have a transfer switch if you have a gen or gen prep. On some of the Designers and Pinnicles it looks like the transfer switch is under the stairs accessable from the basement.

I also found this document which shows how to change the switch...models covered, probably more information than most of us need. My last edit on this subject...no genny, no genny prep, I'm not involved. Thanks guys:B
If it moves but shouldn't, use Duct Tape. If it doesn't move but should, use WD40.

L_MMusic
Explorer
Explorer
Rough 2000 -- I have no idea! LOL Call 'em up an let us know! ๐Ÿ˜‰
Melissa
Husband Larry
Cocker Spaniel Henry
2008 F-350 Dually Short Bed
Reese 16K Hitch w/ Kwik Slide

Whatever you can do, or DREAM you can, BEGIN it. BOLDNESS has genius, power and MAGIC in it. (Goethe)

Rough2000
Explorer
Explorer
L&MMusic wrote:
Just saw this posted via Facebook:

Jayco is recalling certain model year 2007 Greyhawk Class C motorhomes; model year 2008 and 2010 Seneca Class C motorhomes; model year 2009 and 2011 Eagle Fifth-wheel; 2010 Recon fifth-wheel; and model year 2008-2010 Designer fifth wheel vehicles manufactured from June 15, 2006, through August 13, 2010 for an improper electrical connection at the buss bar on the Iota-brand transfer switches installed in the vehicles. An improper electrical connection at the buss bar could lead to overheating and melting of the transfer switch, increasing the risk of a fire, injury or death. Jayco will notify owners, and dealers will replace the transfer switch, free of charge. The safety recall is expected to begin during August 2012. Owners may contact Jayco at 1-800-283-8267.

Where is this transfer switch located and what does it transfer. I guess what I am asking is does this have to do with a generator, or is it something to transfer between 110ac and 12vdc?
If it moves but shouldn't, use Duct Tape. If it doesn't move but should, use WD40.

Travlingman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Congrats on the new rig. We are looking at new fivers ourselves, just can't find one that makes us want to get rid of the Jayco yet.
2017 F-350 King Ranch DRW
2014 Landmark Savannah(sold)
2022 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4

brianreed0715
Explorer
Explorer
Just wanted to say thanks for all the usefull info regarding the the 35RLTS, it has been a great RV but we are selling ours. We ran accross a great deal on a Fleetwood Revolution Class A so we decided that would be better for us and our situation. If you guys know anyone interested in a loaded 2008 Designer 35RLTS, shoot me a message. Other than that you guys have been great. Thanks again.

Hoops
Explorer
Explorer
Do you want to search in side this thread only or 5th wheel forums? I don't think you can just search this thread. Do an advanced search pick your topic and forum and go from there. Any topic on tires that was posted in the Designer 35RLTS will show up if you use the 5th wheel as your forum.
The Hoops. ED and Becky
Missy our little Bichon
2004 F350 V10
2005 Jayco Legacy 38RDQS

CHV_FRK
Explorer
Explorer
First get a weigh in and determine what the weight is on each tire. Pull just the trailer on with each axle on a different plate. The. Pull back on with each axle on a different plate but one side off the scale. With a little math you can figure out the individual weights. That eliminates loading as an issue. Next would be allignment. You can go to a trailer/semi service center as they are the only ones equipped to do this correctly. I would also have them add greasable shackles in lieu of the stock ones that will fail! No sense in paying for an alignment twice. Tires, i would stick with be goodyears. In this area you're still gettn what you pay for. Good luck
Dana and Natalie

2018 Chevy Silverado 3500HD High Country DRW CC LB 4x4
-60 Aux Tank/Toolbox, Line-X, Full Tint, AirSafe 25K Hitch

2018 Jayco Seismic 4113, 45'7", 17,800lbs w/o the Toys.

brianreed0715
Explorer
Explorer
I'm sure this topic has been addressed already but can not figure out how to search within this forum only. It's about time I replace the tires on my 35RLTS and was needing some feedback on which one to buy. Loosing quite a bit of thread on the driver side front tire. The inside thread is nearly gone (just smooth) I may need some help as to why this one looks so bad compared to the other ones. Thanks in advance for the help.