cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dropped Fresh Water Tank

ken_burke
Explorer
Explorer
I overfilled the fresh water tank on my Cedar Creek, and it fell. It didn't fall through the plastic underbelly, but is laying on top of the underbelly. Have you ever seen this? I will add more screws to the underbelly, and head for the Forest River factory for repairs.
ken
2011 Ford F-350 6.7 diesel, Crew Cab, LB, SRW, 4X4, White
Cedar Creek 34SB, 37 feet 5th wheel, Reese 20K Hitch
"So many questions, so little time."
15 REPLIES 15

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
ken burke wrote:
I overfilled the fresh water tank on my Cedar Creek, and it fell. It didn't fall through the plastic underbelly, but is laying on top of the underbelly. Have you ever seen this? I will add more screws to the underbelly, and head for the Forest River factory for repairs.
ken

Welcome to my world. Mine fell out of my FR Sierra a month ago. I had filled it 3/4 full to the panel. Getting last minute things done so we could depart in the morning and boom the cheap bracket holding the tank in broke dropping the tank all the way to the ground, just glad I wasn't on the road.

The L brackets that support both sides with three cross braces failed. The factory only fastened one side of the cross braces causing them to slide out and the bending the opposite side L bracket. Its at the dealer now and they are creating support that is stronger. My dealer said he's seen several of these fail.

Good luck
2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman XC
2015 Forest River Sierra 360 PDEK
DW Diane, DS Michael, FB Draco and Sabian