cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dump valve question

MandMkuzie
Explorer
Explorer
I am replacing both dump valves. Not really looking forward to it, but hey, it's gotta be done. What is on each tank now is a 3" thetford 08671. Yes, grey tank as well.
Originally I was thinking of saving money and going with a $15 Valterra as replacements, but got to thinking these thetford have been on since 1996 so maybe the extra money would be a wise investment.

Any thoughts?

I'm not to interested in redoing this project in a few years so I want it done right.
3 REPLIES 3

MandMkuzie
Explorer
Explorer
The replies make me feel better about the Valterra. I may go with them since they are 1/4 the cost. I was beginning to think that maybe the Valterras were just a cheap off brand but maybe they wasn't a true assessment. Next question. I have to run a 32" extention rod from the valve to the side of the rig. I'm assuming I can remove the handle f t on the Valterra and drill a hole in the shafts to ruin a cotter pin through?

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've used Valterra and they are good valves. But as you have had good results with the ones you have why change.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

jerseyjim
Explorer
Explorer
FWIW, I've been using (and replacing one once in 25 years) Valterra valves. 2 TT and 1 motorhome. In one of my storage compartments I do have extra valves...one for the black tank and one for the gray tank. Y'never now.