cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easy Fix for Norcold Over Limit switch error

txdutt
Explorer
Explorer
Seemingly out of the blue my Norcold 1210 starting giving me a OP-LI error (IIRC) and shutting off after it had been on for a good 10-12 hours. Fridge had run fine for over a year since buying the rig with no problems at all. So the next time we were out on a weekend trip and it alarmed & shut off, I went outside & pulled the access panel off of the slide to give the back side of the fridge a good lookover. I noticed that the wire from the circuit card with the LED light over to the thermocouple/sensor of the "chimney" was sitting on top of the expansion tank that gets quite warm...hmmm, maybe that's what causing the sensor to read overheat..I relocated the wire to the sensor underneath the tank and made sure it wasn't touching any of the coils. What do you know, no more errors/shutdowns the last 3 times out with it.
2011 Ford F250 Lariat C/C 6.7 PSD w/Curt 20K Lb Hitch & rear Timbrens
2013 Chevy Tahoe LT 4x4
2013 Infinity 3860MS 5'er/15.5K GVW/41'
U.S. Navy 1978-1986
4 REPLIES 4

NicoleH
Explorer
Explorer
I need help on this subject also. I have a Dynasty with Norcold 1200. The last few times when we have gotten ready to go on a trip and try to cool the fridge first it doesn't hold LP setting. It beeps and says no LP. We have the coach trickle charging and LP open and stove burner works. It works when we are plugged into shore power 50 amps or have the generator running. Today we thought we figured it out but then heard the beeping. Now there is a code L1oP. I opened the back vent to the fridge and saw that at one point it had been retrofitted (tag on a wire). The freezer stays cold and keeps food frozen but fridge is struggling. Any ideas?
Nicole & Troy
3 kids & 2 dogs
2007 Monaco Dynasty
Rookies for now but not for long!
Thanksgiving 2013 1st trip to get our RV legs.

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
Old-Biscuit wrote:
Don't know why the 'norcold recall site' was listed as your fridge has the recall :H

Glad you found the reason for erroneous error.
You would think that a little common sense would apply when installations are being done. Or maybe wire was properly attached and just fell down :S

Just a heads up for the OP since he has a model 1210.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Don't know why the 'norcold recall site' was listed as your fridge has the recall :H

Glad you found the reason for erroneous error.
You would think that a little common sense would apply when installations are being done. Or maybe wire was properly attached and just fell down :S
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer