cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easy way to tell what outlets are on my inverter?

way2roll
Navigator
Navigator
Our FW has residential appliances. I know the Fridge is on the inverter but I am unsure what else is. Oddly enough - our stove, which is gas, is not. It requires shore power for the igniter which I thought was pretty odd. I can't use the oven while boondocking - although I haven't tried lighting by hand. Outlets, central vac etc, all not on the inverter. TV's are all on 12V as is all the lighting. Slides and jacks are 12V. Is my refer the only thing on the inverter? How do I tell?

Jeff - 2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS
12 REPLIES 12

way2roll
Navigator
Navigator
valhalla360 wrote:
Is the fridge 120v AC or 12v DC?

valhalla360
Nomad III
Nomad III
Is the fridge 120v AC or 12v DC?
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
Most likely nothing except the fridge will be powered by the inverter installed to run the fridge.

sdfiver
Explorer
Explorer
We have one of the Furrion stainless steel cooktops and oven in our rig and it uses a battery in the little ignitor button.
2016 F-350 6.7L Super Duty Platinum
2019 Heartland Bighorn 3760EL

MitchF150
Explorer III
Explorer III
My stove top uses a single AA battery for the burners.. To light the actual 'oven', you have to light the pilot and let it run, or just use the clicker on it to light the pilot. Oven won't fire without the pilot going as far as I know... Actually have never used it yet! ha, ha...

I pulled the AA battery for the burners because if you lean on it while reaching for the something in the upper cabinet, your hip pushes the button and engages the igniter.

I just use the good old 'clicker' lighter and works great! 🙂

Mitch
2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.

wopachop
Explorer
Explorer
Is the stove not lighting because the battery disconnect switch is off?

Pangaea_Ron
Explorer
Explorer
K Charles wrote:
Unplug from shore power if the outlet works it's on the inverter.

^^^This
2008 Itasca SunCruiser 35L
2014 Honda AWD CR-V EX-L

way2roll
Navigator
Navigator
hotjag1 wrote:
Are you sure about your stove? I thought the ignitor would be 12 volt.

Yep I am sure. Lights work etc. No igniter on the stove. Thought it was very strange. And we had used the stove the same morning to make breakfast while still on shore power. I have not checked it on the inverter, but a spark igniter should be 12V I would think.

hotjag1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Are you sure about your stove? I thought the ignitor would be 12 volt.
hotjag1
2003 40' Allegro Bus, 3 slides, 400hp 8.9 liter ISL Cummins

2000 24' Dynamax Isata

newman_fulltime
Explorer II
Explorer II
Furrion stove is gas only other than the 12 volt lights for the backlighting

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
Unplug from shore power if the outlet works it's on the inverter.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
An RV gas stove that doesn't light via 12 volt? Wow.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad