cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Electricity problem

bigdave720
Explorer
Explorer
The power has gone out on my 2001 Fleetwood Wilderness. Everything was running along nice with AC running and then nothing. Checked power at the pedestal and breaker is not tripped. There doesn't appear to be a main breaker in the box inside the RV. DC lights are working. Any ideas PLEASE! It's rather warm here at 91 degrees.
2001 Fleetwood Wilderness 31G
13 REPLIES 13

bigdave720
Explorer
Explorer
I'll be picking up a temperature laser gun tomorrow. I've been wanting one for a while.

We start up the ac early every morning for that reason. Been thinking of adding one to the bedroom and running it off the 20amp service. Problem is there isn't even a vent in the br. Weird,huh. That'll be a project.

Thanks everyone.

Water-Bug
Explorer
Explorer
bigdave720 wrote:
I found the 30 amp breaker! Right in the panel. I'm disabled and my dw is my arms and legs and she missed it earlier. I'd asked her if there was a separate main breaker to the left of the others and she didn't notice it was WITH the others. All good. Thanks so much for the quick help y'all. Now to figure out why it tripped. Earlier today it had tripped at the pedestal. AC it's only cooling to about the same temp as outside. 91 out and 89 in. Again thanks for the speedy help!

Once your RV has reached an elevated interior temperature, single AC units are notoriously inept at lowering the temperature. They cannot recover the high temps that are baked into the walls. If the AC is turned on early, it can usually maintain a reasonable interior temp.

Artum_Snowbird
Explorer
Explorer
If you have a temperature laser gun, have your rig running with loads on and point the laser beam up and down the connections in the panel, especially looking at all the white neutral connections. If it trips out, a loose connection is a bigger load than a toaster sometimes, and it will show up as really hot. The naked eye will not recognize the heat though.

You can use those temperature sensors for many things, but electrical hot spots is a real good thing to check out.
Mike
2012 Winnebago Impulse Silver 26QP
2005 16.6 Double Eagle
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK
previously Snowbird Campers,
Triple E Motorhome and Fifth Wheel

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Have some one check for loose connections behind the circuit breakers. Pay special attention to the neutral(white wires). Turn off power to the rig before working in this area.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

bigdave720
Explorer
Explorer
I found the 30 amp breaker! Right in the panel. I'm disabled and my dw is my arms and legs and she missed it earlier. I'd asked her if there was a separate main breaker to the left of the others and she didn't notice it was WITH the others. All good. Thanks so much for the quick help y'all. Now to figure out why it tripped. Earlier today it had tripped at the pedestal. AC it's only cooling to about the same temp as outside. 91 out and 89 in. Again thanks for the speedy help!

Dan_Henry
Explorer
Explorer
this past we we were at rally and one one the campers said his 12 volt lights quite working. check the battery and they were dead, checked the power in the park pedsital and there was 115 on one of the 50 amp legs and nothing on the other, reset the pedestal 50 amp breaker and there was power on both legs. The inverter sidw did not have power, after the reset the batterys hade 13. 7 going to them.
Get a volt ohm meter and learn how to use it and many power problems came be trouble shot
dan

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Panel in kitchen..under oven?
Should be 30A Main with individual CBs for A/C Unit and outlets
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

kaydeejay
Explorer
Explorer
bigdave720 wrote:
There HAS to be a main 30 amp breaker SOMEWHERE doesn't there?
Yup! Follow the shore cord into your unit. It will be connected to your main panel with the breaker.
If you have a generator, the shore cord will connect to the transfer switch THEN on to your main panel.
Are we looking at a 30A or 50A setup?
Keith J.
Sold the fiver and looking for a DP, but not in any hurry right now.

bigdave720
Explorer
Explorer
There HAS to be a main 30 amp breaker SOMEWHERE doesn't there?

bigdave720
Explorer
Explorer
We have NO power at all. I turned breakers off and on at pedestal. Several times. I've only found the one breaker panel inside. It's in kitchen with breakers and fuses and there's no main breaker in there.

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
Does the park have power?

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
You trailer will have an AC Power Panel with Main Breaker and individual circuit breakers. Probably has DC Dist Panel with it also

Look for a brown/black panel with one section that has slots cut in it (air inlet for convert fan)

Open that panel.....AC CB should be left side

Either trailers MAIN CB (30A or double 50A) has tripped or individual 20A CB for A/C Unit has tripped.

Do you have AC power for Microwave, TV, Fridge??

When you checked pedestal breaker.......did you turn it OFF then back ON or just 'look' at it. Sometimes they don't look tripped when they are
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
find the electric panel, theres one some where , with lot of breakers, also ,reset your GFI ,outlets ,should be one in the bath room and close to the kitchen sink.