cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Evergreen Bay Hill

diver110
Explorer
Explorer
Any Evergreen Bay Hill owners out there? We are sensitive to outgassing and like that it is "green." We would appreciate any feedback.
17 REPLIES 17

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
goducks10 wrote:
Evergreen has nothing to do with the tv. Ridiculous. If that form of logic was the norm then every RV owner would be constantly replacing their RV. I guess I should've replaced my 5er cause the 'ShurFlo' water pump quit working.

C'mon, guys. It's the =wife=, and we all know how =that= works. ๐Ÿ™‚ Hell, I'm selling my low-profile Komfort because my DW has gotten claustrophobic and can't stand sleeping in the bed, so sleeps on the couch.

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

Racine96
Explorer
Explorer
If you are concerned about "gas" you need to look at a company that does not use luan on the sides, Evergreen is not. Some made by Open Range and Coachman would fit your need on this.

spud1957
Explorer
Explorer
rehless wrote:
Try to stay with me, the tv was smoking because the electrical system is haywire. Convertor not working properly. Battery not charging when vehicle running or when rv hooked up. Could burn down around them. Feel better, now?

Converters don't run the AC electrical system in the RV for the television. Battery not charging from tow vehicle is a tow vehicle issue. Usually just a fuse blown or not installed in the tow vehicle.
2018 F350 6.7 4x4 CCSB
2022 GD Reflection 337 RLS

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
alexbushey wrote:
Bay Hill s the most reliable and insulated fifth wheel on the market....if you want to see what it has to offer I made this video giving you a detailed walk
through of a Bay Hill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_FEXhnyaLE
How can it be the most well insulated unit on the market with 1 1/2" thick sidewalls as opposed to the 3 1/2" walls of a DRV? Does Bay Hill offer a guaranty in writing that it will not freeze up in below zero temps?? NO! It's just another mid range RV. Nothing special.You must be another sales rep....

B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

RustyJC
Explorer
Explorer
Mr. Bushey,

It appears you joined today (10/29/15). On your profile, it says you've been RVing since N/A. Are you an RVer? Do you own a 5th wheel; if so, what brand?

Rusty
2014.5 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA #6972

2016 Ram 3500 Dually Longhorn Crew Cab Long Bed, 4x4, 385/900 Cummins, Aisin AS69RC, 4.10, 39K+ GCWR, 30K+ trailer tow rating, 14K GVWR

B&W RVK3600

kennethwooster
Explorer
Explorer
Lifestyle uses the Carriage frame. What frame does the Bay Hill use. If it is Lippert I'm not interested. Just curious what is under the Bay Hill.
kenneth wooster- retired farmer. Biblical History Teacher in public HS, and substitute teacher.
wife Diana-adult probation officer, now retired.
31KSLS Full Body paint Cameo
Ford F350 2014 DRW 4X4 King Ranch.
20K B&W Puck mount hitch

jsr21
Explorer
Explorer
alexbushey wrote:
Bay Hill s the most reliable and insulated fifth wheel on the market....if you want to see what it has to offer I made this video giving you a detailed walk
through of a Bay Hill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_FEXhnyaLE

Hey Alex..please post your source for these claims about most reliable and best insulated.

gmcsmoke
Explorer
Explorer
nobody but you were there to hear the story. perhaps instead of making a long story short you should have gave all the info up front.

rehless
Explorer
Explorer
Try to stay with me, the tv was smoking because the electrical system is haywire. Convertor not working properly. Battery not charging when vehicle running or when rv hooked up. Could burn down around them. Feel better, now?

2008Wildcat
Explorer
Explorer
Bay Hill is riding on the shirt tails of Evergreen with their Everlite "green" factor.

Bay Hill uses luan and wood just like everyone else.

In fact, even an Everlite that has a slide uses OSB in the slide out portion.
2013 Columbus 320RS
2011 RAM 3500 Outdoorsman SRW 6.7 Cummins- tweaked!

diver110
Explorer
Explorer
fred42 wrote:
Diver110,

I only mention this as one of your main concerns is the green thing. Evergreen's "green" fame comes mostly from the Ever-Lite line of travel trailers which use composite, non-wood material (ComposiTek, Azdel) instead of the luan plywood. As far as I can tell, the Bay Hill line does not use composites.

Thanks. In fact the "green thing" was a driving issue. If that is not there, our interest drops quickly. I did see a pic of a Bay Hill with some kind of green sticker on it.

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
Evergreen has nothing to do with the tv. Ridiculous. If that form of logic was the norm then every RV owner would be constantly replacing their RV. I guess I should've replaced my 5er cause the 'ShurFlo' water pump quit working.

scotjima
Explorer
Explorer
So because a TV (which is not part of the trailer) started smoking, they are replacing the whole trailer??? That doesn't make sense.

rehless
Explorer
Explorer
Just returned from two months in Mexico and Yuma. Was with a party of six couples. one couple looking to replace their 20 year old fifth wheel. My friend
ended up purchasing a 2014 Bay Hill, four slides. He left Yuma March 9 and got home to Washington the thirteenth of March. To make long story short, he was in his rv bedroom getting dressed when he sees smoke coming out of the bed room tv, which was not turned on. Now his wife is understandably afraid to sleep in it and
he is shopping for a new fifth wheel.