cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External plumbing question - Dump manifold

CliffordG
Explorer
Explorer
We bumped a stump with the PVC manifold used for dumping the holding tanks and the slip hub (pvc flange) between the dump valve and the black tank was broken.

Basically the ears where the bolts go through to attach the valve were snapped off. When I took this apart I was expecting to have to cut the pipe coming out of my black tank but to my surprise, and delight, the slip hub was held on and sealed by some kind of rubber-ish caulking.

After years of outside use the stuff was still pretty rubbery and pliable and it's natural color was a brightish white. It was most definitely NOT any type of silicone caulk.

It made getting the assembly apart much better than cutting it so I'd like to put it back the way I found out. Does anyone have an idea what kind of caulking it was?
2005 Silverado 2500HD with 8.1L/Allison pulling a 2007 WW FSW 2800.
5 REPLIES 5

derwud
Explorer
Explorer
dedmiston wrote:
Where is derwud when you need him? He would tell you that if you're camping anywhere along the 80 between Laramie and Evanston you can just leave that black valve open.

(It's an old (dumb) joke and not a jab at WY. He says it about just about any town you can think of.)

Well, when Landdisaster, do as the Landdisasterians do... dump it anywhere..
2005 Nissan Titan CC SE 4x4, 2006 Weekend Warrior FS2300
2 Quads, 2 Motorcycle and a '06 Rhino
1 Patient Wife, 1 Crazy child, 1 sweet baby.
RIP Bubba and Toby, we love you.

dedmiston
Where is derwud when you need him? He would tell you that if you're camping anywhere along the 80 between Laramie and Evanston you can just leave that black valve open.

(It's an old (dumb) joke and not a jab at WY. He says it about just about any town you can think of.)

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

CliffordG
Explorer
Explorer
@MudChucker - Good thought! I did some research and I think what was used is Plumbers Caulk. I'm going to try that. I'll get some pictures and post back on Thursday.

@Racerx11 - This place is much MUCH larger than the Reddit group I posted to and much MUCH more knowledgeable but I figured it wouldn't hurt anything to post in both places. 🙂
2005 Silverado 2500HD with 8.1L/Allison pulling a 2007 WW FSW 2800.

Racerx11
Explorer
Explorer
Funny, I saw your post on Reddit 🙂

MudChucker
Explorer
Explorer
dont know what you might have had, but goop or seal-all will do the job. I find that either require a little bit of torque to snap the seal, we use this to make snorkles for our ATV's etc so we can snap them apart when we need to make changes etc.
2017 Cougar
2015 Ram 3500 Megacab 6.7 Cummins Aisin transmission