cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fifth Wheel Covers

nkc914
Explorer
Explorer
I am looking for recommendations on a cover for my 42' Columbus fifth wheel. We live in Missouri so I need one good for cold sloppy winter and blazing summers. The trailer has 2 AC vents and digital antenna.

Thank you
Mike Jenkins
2018 Palomino Columbus. 42'
16 REPLIES 16

memtb
Explorer
Explorer
Many years ago, I tried covers for our 5er. My negative experiences were similar to others here. โ€œIfโ€ at all possible build a pole barn....which is not terribly expensive and can be used for a multitude of other needs! If the pole barn cost is prohibitive, at the very least.... a carport type structure should be considered!

As we continue to collect toys and equipment, we now have two pole barns. If I donโ€™t hurry-up and die.....we may need a third! ๐Ÿ˜‰
Todd & Marianne
Miniature Schnauzer's - Sundai, Nellie & Maggie Mae
2007 Dodge Ram 3500, 6.7 Cummins, 6 speed manual, 3.73 ratio, 4x4
2004 Teton Grand Freedom, 39'
2007 Bigfoot 30MH26Sl

Splashers3
Explorer
Explorer
DW and I put our ADCO cover on our 38' 5ver....it's not that hard with two.
2017 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali, C/C, D/A, DRW, w/40gal Aux tank, 18K B&W Patriot.
2019 Cedar Creek Hathaway, 34RL2 - w/Bells & Whistles and disc brakes
Traded 2009 Cedar Creek Silverback, GII, 32 WRL

rsgs
Explorer
Explorer
Bought one online for my 32' fifth. I put it on myself and have done so for 8 years now. Works perfect and I'm happy with the protection it provides.

John and Robyn
Penny (Brittany)
ยท2021 Chevy Silverado 3500HD SRW 4x4 Crew LB
ยท2004 Fleetwood/Prowler Regal Extreme Edition 2952 Bunk
-2005 Forest River 28RK

[img][/img]

DickOK
Explorer
Explorer
We cover out 37 foot 5th wheel with an Adco Sunbrella cover. If you fold it right it is easy to put on. Living in the desert SW it is important to cover. Inside storage is too expensive here.
Dick OK

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
laknox wrote:
Get a steel building. Longer lasting, less damage, adds property value (on your own place), works better.

Lyle

Great idea, why doesn't everyone do that to protect their RV . Maybe because they can't.:S Pretty sure the OP was not asking about steel buildings. Asking about a cover to put on it.

I am sure we all would like to put up a steel building .

To the OP ,Adco covers are probably as good as any ,had one on my fifth wheel for several winters, no damage whatsoever from rubbing if installed correctly .

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
FishOnOne wrote:
laknox wrote:
Get a steel building. Longer lasting, less damage, adds property value (on your own place), works better.

Lyle

That's exactly what I did. Purchased a 2 acre lot and built a steel shop with doors on both ends so I can simply drive the camper into the building.

Storing our camping in this shop and it still looks brand new.

It sounds awesome; any pics?

The problem in this neck of the woods is 2 acres cost about $2M ๐Ÿ˜ž
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

Fisher_Bill
Explorer
Explorer
I bought one for about $150 from walmart and it's on the 3rd winter so far.

Only use it in the winter for as others have said it's a real pain but I had practice on our previous Artic fox camper, just take your time...
2006 Chevy 3500 Dually 6.6 Duramax Diesel & Allison Transmission
2010 Northshore 28RK by Dutchmen
Our first fifth wheel!!!

joelc
Explorer III
Explorer III
When I purchased my Carriage Cameo in 2012 (New) it was advised no cover. Just keep the roof clean and check the seams periodically. Buy the way, roof is vinyl not rubber.

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
laknox wrote:

Lyle

That's exactly what I did. Purchased a 2 acre lot and built a steel shop with doors on both ends so I can simply drive the camper into the building.

Storing our camping in this shop and it still looks brand new.
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
I used an Adco cover for 13 years on our last TT but only during the winter. Way too much work to put on between trips. When we sold the TT it still looked like new. Never any damage from the cover and it made a world of difference to the way the trailer held up.
The only thing better is the carport we have now but I realize not everyone can go that route.

laknox
Nomad
Nomad

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
I use an ADCO Designer Tyvek cover.
https://www.rvcovers.com/products/adco-5th-wheel-designer-tyvek-plus-wind-rv-cover?utm_medium=cpc&ut...
It's in it's 6th winter here in Oregon. No rips, not paint rubbing. I use tennis balls on the down spouts to protect it.
I don't see why I won't get several more years out of it.
Coincidentally most of the other RV owners in my neighborhood use ADCO as well.
I don't use it in the summer since it's a PITA to take off and put on and we are using our 5er every few weeks. It's on the 5er from mid Oct to mid April-1st of May.

lee_worsdell
Explorer
Explorer
First time I put one on over winter it rubbed so bad in one spot wore the paint off

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Its difficult enough for me to cover my 22 foot TT that's 7.5 feet wide and just over 10 feet at the highest point. I wouldn't attempt your RV.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad