cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fifth wheel fixed right this time!

shadows4
Explorer III
Explorer III
Well my Ebay purchase turned out to be not such a great deal after all. I bought this from an Ebay seller that is all he does is sells on Ebay. He told me mine was a repo but he had to fix some storm damage. Okay, didn't really like the way he fixed it but for the price I got it for I was fine with it. Six months later the piece of Filon he put on failed as well as some delamination on the opposite side of the 5er. All this was due to they way they also did some repair to the roof. Went to the Smokey mountains for vacation and almost lost the Filon on the curb side. Made emergency repairs at a rest stop and finished our vacation. Took the trailer to a local fiberglass repair shop for an estimate. Ended up having him do the repairs(Shoreline Boat and RV Repair). Had to also install a new roof, graphics aren't quite the same but we like them better. All in all we are both pleased with the way the repairs came out. Just wanted to share our experience. I have some before and after pics.

Before

Look close you can see the delam. As well as the bugs I didn't wash off.

And this is the finished product. Very pleased.

While it wasn't cheap to have the repairs done, the wife and I really like this camper and intend to keep it for a long time. Happy camping, John
2016 4X4 F350,CC,SB,Lariat,6.7L diesel,
2015 Coachmen Chapparal 324 TSRK
B&W Patriot 16K hitch.
6 REPLIES 6

billmac
Explorer
Explorer
It sounds like your happy. What else matters? It looks good and now you can just enjoy your rv.

My dealer suggested new decals on my rv under warranty. It looked 10 times worse, so he did it again. That time it only looked 5 times worse. I decided to just fire my dealer and worry about something more important than decals.

twins89
Explorer
Explorer
Just be sure you have the original leak completely fixed or you will be doing this again and then some.
Western New Yorkers with a Westie
2000 F350 DRW 7.3 PSD crew cab
2010 Jayco Designer 37rlqs

Atom_Ant
Explorer
Explorer
They did a nice job! Much better than the original try
2008 Ford F350 2014 Redwood 36RL - Our Rig
Onan 5500, Splendide Ariston W/D, 8K axles, disk brakes, G614s, tri-glide pin box,
6-pt leveling, dual heat pump, dual awnings, Trav'ler SK-1000 Dish

deleted-2
Explorer
Explorer
Good job by the repairer!

I know sometimes when something we like doesn't look so great it's well worth the cost if the results bring a smile.

So glad this made things better for you guys.
Nice fiver you have there!

shadows4
Explorer III
Explorer III
Kountryguy wrote:
Did they repair or replace the siding? It looks great.

They repaired the siding by fiberglassing in a new piece of Filon. And I agree it looks great.
2016 4X4 F350,CC,SB,Lariat,6.7L diesel,
2015 Coachmen Chapparal 324 TSRK
B&W Patriot 16K hitch.

Kountryguy
Explorer
Explorer
Did they repair or replace the siding? It looks great.