cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flojet VSD Water Pump

Garry_Gayle
Explorer
Explorer
I have the Flojet VSD pump 4.5gpm in our 5th wheel and I am getting lousy pressure and flow; turned on pump and with the outside shower head removed with hot and cold valves open it flows 1.75gpm, it even gives lousy showers with the Oxygenics shower head, everything is great when on city water. Any ideas for further testing other than bypassing the internal water system and hooking up a hose straight from the pump to a bucket.
9 REPLIES 9

Garry_Gayle
Explorer
Explorer
Solved the problem, installed a Shurflo Revolution 4gpm 55psi pump today, little bit noisier but the Oxygenics shower head works great, kitchen faucet has 3 times the flow but the main thing is momma's happy.

Garry_Gayle
Explorer
Explorer
That is what I have found also, I bypassed the rv system and ran a 1/2" X 10' long hose directly from the pump fitting into a 5 gal bucket & it put out the 4 plus gal in a minute. I put a pressure gauge on the end of the hose and the static pressure was 45 then settled at 30 psi which is insufficient pressure for our Oxygenics shower head. I contacted the mfg. and they said there is no pressure adj. on any of their pumps just select a pump with higher pressure.
So I guess its back to Shureflow

aruba5er
Explorer
Explorer
I too am disappointed by the pressure. I have a guage installed indoors and it shuts off at around 45# but when you take a shower or get water from the faucet it runs around #12 while the water is flowing. They don"t tell you pressure while flowing, just gpm and maybe shutoff pressure. That is within specs just lousy working pressure.

sk734
Explorer
Explorer
Remove all your flow restrictors from all water handlers(faucets, shower,etc). You will find a lot of them. Then your pressure will be excellent.

bigmurf
Explorer
Explorer
I had a suction leak on the inlet side at the winterization valve.
Fulltimers
2004 Montana 3655FL, Trailair pinbox and Center Pivot air ride, Disc Brakes
2004.5 Dodge 3500 Dually, 6spd, Edge Juice, RS9000, Pressure Pro System, AFE, Jake Brake, Balance Masters, Mag-Hytec, Oil Guard bypass filter.

Duke-44
Explorer
Explorer
There may still be some mill scale (factory debris) somewhere in your system.

Garry_Gayle
Explorer
Explorer
The filter has been cleaned, nothing in it. This pump has less than 300 gal thru it, never seemed right to me just now trying to trouble shoot it.

Duke-44
Explorer
Explorer
On a used 5ver that I owned that was close to 9-10 yrs. old, I started to have problems with the pump not working well. I took the pump apart and found plastic filings from the original drilling into the tank from the factory. They had never been removed. The original owner must have used mostly city water as he used it in only for snowbirding in AZ.

TakingThe5th
Explorer
Explorer
Do you have a filter on the pump? Any in-line screens? They may be clogged.
TakingThe5th - Chicago, Western Suburbs
'05 Ford F350 Crew 6.0 DRW Bulletproofed. Pullrite Super 5th 18K 2100 hitch.
'13 Keystone Cougar 333MKS, Maxxfan 7500, Progressive EMS-HW50C, Grey Water System.