cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Floorplans with dual queen beds or queen bunks?

fugawi
Explorer II
Explorer II
I am trying to find a floorplan with a regular (60"x80") master queen bed and with a secondary bed that is queen-size (Regular or RV queen), either by itself or bunks.

Can you please suggest any other brands/models with queen bunks, similar to the floorplan below, or just a non-bunk queen bed as the secondary bed?

I would prefer to stay shorter (<35') like the plan below, if possible.

Thank you.

KZ Durango 1500 D286BHD

http://www.kz-rv.com/products/durango-1500-fifth-wheels/D286BHD.html

14 REPLIES 14

fugawi
Explorer II
Explorer II
We ended up going with the Jayco Eagle HT 29.5FBDS. This is a pretty good solution for two queen beds in a 34' fifth wheel.

The front bottom bunks are pads on the floor. The floor area measures 74" x 93" wide, so we can put a queen mattress on the floor.

http://www.jayco.com/products/fifth-wheels/2017-eagle-ht-fifth-wheels/295fbds/

fugawi
Explorer II
Explorer II
Two more similar plans for anybody else shopping:

Keystone Springdale 286FWBH

Heartland XLT Sundance 295BH

fugawi
Explorer II
Explorer II
statehoss wrote:
cougar xlite 28RDB

Thank you. I looked at its relative, the Cougar Half Ton 284RDBWE, this weekend. That is a nice plan.

All of the above plans with double or queen bunks across the back have steps and a wardrobe on the right side. It looks like someone could put in a longer mattress that goes over the steps and cut it to notch around the wardrobe in the back corner.

statehoss
Explorer
Explorer
cougar xlite 28RDB

fugawi
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thank you Moderator for the edit above. I didn't know how to do that 🙂

fugawi
Explorer II
Explorer II
This one is similar to the KZ at top, but comes with double sized bunks. It looks like there might be room for RV queen mattresses if you get rid of the "bunk storage" area.

Jayco Eagle HT 29.5BHDS

http://www.jayco.com/products/fifth-wheels/2017-eagle-ht-fifth-wheels/295bhds/

Moderator edit to re-size picture to forum recommended limit of 640px maximum width.

fugawi
Explorer II
Explorer II
Aridon wrote:
Y-Guy wrote:
fugawi wrote:
I think you are right about the toyhaulers. That is a really good way to get a long secondary bed. Now I need to do a little research to find one with reasonable interior and reasonable weight.

The new Complete List of Toy Haulers
That might help you get started with Toy Haulers. You can probably what you are looking for with a Toy Hauler, but do be aware that many/most have a pretty heave pin/tongue weight.

Kz has some interesting floors and are light. Take a closer look at all of the companies, they all have different takes on similar areas and are far an away more flexible than traditional fifths.

Thank you.

fugawi
Explorer II
Explorer II
Y-Guy wrote:
fugawi wrote:
I think you are right about the toyhaulers. That is a really good way to get a long secondary bed. Now I need to do a little research to find one with reasonable interior and reasonable weight.

That might help you get started with Toy Haulers. You can probably what you are looking for with a Toy Hauler, but do be aware that many/most have a pretty heave pin/tongue weight.

Thank you for this link.

Yes, the heavy pin/tongue weight is something I am paying attention to. I am pulling with a Ram 2500 CTD, but want to be aware of payload vs. GVWR vs. GAWR.

I am not planning any heavy toys (probably bicycles and canoes), and am going to look for something with lighter weight and as much of a subdued residential interior as I can get. Maybe something along the theme of a Keystone Cougar 326SRX.

fugawi
Explorer II
Explorer II
whatnext wrote:
Check out jaycos website. Their eagle Ht series is about to have a new addition and it looks pretty good. It's got the Queen up front, a bunks in the middle that might be a queen or full not sure which, I forgot, and the back is set up like a RL. I think it's the 30.5mbhok or something like that. It's at the bottom under their eagle Ht line.

Thank you. That is a cool floorplan.

Aridon
Explorer
Explorer
Y-Guy wrote:
fugawi wrote:

Kz has some interesting floors and are light. Take a closer look at all of the companies, they all have different takes on similar areas and are far an away more flexible than traditional fifths.
2019 Grand Design Momentum 395
2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10

2014.5 DRV Atlanta (sold)

2008 Newmar 4330 (Modified) Sold

Y-Guy
fugawi wrote:

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

fugawi
Explorer II
Explorer II
rjf7g wrote:
You will find two different floor plans here - https://www.heartlandrvs.com/brands/fifthwheels/gateway

You might also want to look at toyhaulers.

Thank you for the Gateway suggestion. Those are nice, having the second queen in a separate bedroom. I'm hoping to stay shorter than those.

Thanks again 🙂

whatnext
Explorer
Explorer
Check out jaycos website. Their eagle Ht series is about to have a new addition and it looks pretty good. It's got the Queen up front, a bunks in the middle that might be a queen or full not sure which, I forgot, and the back is set up like a RL. I think it's the 30.5mbhok or something like that. It's at the bottom under their eagle Ht line.

rjf7g
Explorer
Explorer
You will find two different floor plans here - https://www.heartlandrvs.com/brands/fifthwheels/gateway

You might also want to look at toyhaulers.
1999 American Cruiser Class B
2006 Palomino Puma 27FQ Bunkhouse
2007 Gulfstream Innsbruck 36FRS Park Trailer